Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Good evening all.
I have another Scenic 1.9 that's not running.
It Turns over and If you prime it and spray Easy start it Start to run but then dies out.

I have done a scan on the Renault Can clip and I get the following codes
ECU
Air flow sensor circuit 2DEF
DF041 Cylinder 2 Injection circuit CO

UPC
DF034 Alternatortype 1DEF

I. The Battery is fully charged 12.65v
2. I have tested each glow plug and they all work, new ones
3. I have checked Timing, that is correct.
4. There is fuel to the Rail. Pressure when ignition is on 5 Bar, when I turn engine over gets to 16 bar before it stop turning over. Got it up to 32 bars once
5. I have taken out TDC sensor and its Good. I checked on Can Clip Engine speed 183 RPM
6. Alternator flow stays at 0 mA

There is no charge from the Alternator, would this cause the Car not to start?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
5,194 Posts
It would start with a dead alternator but the fuel pressure should be a lot higher.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,650 Posts
How have you checked timing on this.
These Camsprockets lose their key way, and though timing is correct from belt to markings
The cam shaft itself is in the wrong place
Another issue you have, because its a non runner, most codes are lost

If you have a helper, connect scan tool, diagnose the car, now get someone to spray the easystart while you crank/run the engine.
Now click on the home tab, and click the box to force all computers to be scanned, ( Just below the RP number, if your software does not show this box, then it will automatically force all computers to rescan.
Now scan, and go to injection page, see if more anything has shown ,

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would start with a dead alternator but the fuel pressure should be a lot higher.
Thanks for your reply.
These Camsprockets lose their key way, and though timing is correct from belt to markings

If you have a helper, connect scan tool, diagnose the car, now get someone to spray the easystart while you crank/run the engine.
Now click on the home tab, and click the box to force all computers to be scanned, ( Just below the RP number, if your software does not show this box, then it will automatically force all computers to rescan.
Thanks I will try that tomorrow. I can see a lot of bubble in fuel line. How can I bleed it. Is there a bleed valve on the pressure pump?

·
Registered
146 Posts
on the 1,9 dci is a primer manual membrane pump,on the left side of the engine, UK driver side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The high pressure fuel pumps are known to fail on these, if you keep priming the manual fuel primer and try starting it, you'll need 2 people to try this, one to keep priming the primer and the other to start the engine. These vehicles don't have an electric fuel pump in the tank so when the high pressure pump starts to fail it can't draw the fuel from the tank itself anymore but if you prime it yourself it will start and run for as long as you keep priming it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The high pressure fuel pumps are known to fail on these, if you keep priming the manual fuel primer and try starting it, you'll need 2 people to try this, one to keep priming the primer and the other to start the engine. These vehicles don't have an electric fuel pump in the tank so when the high pressure pump starts to fail it can't draw the fuel from the tank itself anymore but if you prime it yourself it will start and run for as long as you keep priming it.
Hi thanks for your reply. I have tried spraying in easy start and then pumping the primer and it still dies. It's almost like it only runs on easy jas. And not on diesel. I have taken off the fuel line to fuel rail and there is Diesel to it. But the presure does not seem right. The previous owner said he replaced fuel filter and he took off fuel line and took pump off. But replaced the same pump again

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hi Ours2012

I hope you are well, and that you had a great day today.

I managed to get to do some work on the Scenic today. I connected the scanner and started the car well Spraying Easy start.
The Scan read the same two Codes on ECU

Air flow sensor circuit
DF041 Cylinder 2 Injection circuit

I looked at the Rail Pressure reading and it was much better 586bar

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,650 Posts
injector circuit, injector is tucked..
wont be wiring from ecu
air flow will be switched OFF by default, thats how the car goes into limp mode
You will need to code a donor injector in
NUMBER 1 is gearbox side , so Nu 2 next to this, not from timing belt end