Independent Renault Forums banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Hi. Thanks for the message, I followed that Diagram and that is how I got the trimming right
How important is it to get point number 16 in line,( The fuel pump sprocket) I get the Head sprocket and the camshaft sprocket lined up. and the fuel pump. I turn it over 8 times at bottom Camshaft and the bottom and top line up but the fuel pump sprocket does not after the 8 turns.
I am also not to sure what the mark looks like on the casing of the fuel pump, I see a mark that I think is the mark at around 1 o'clock, not sure if it is right. On figure 16 it looks like 3 o'clock ?
Will this Sprocket line up. its smaller than the head sprocket and bigger than the Camshaft sprocket

Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
White smoke out of he exhaust usually means unburned fuel. Fuel that was injected but not burned. Coming out of the blowby tube might mean you might have a broken piston or rings that is causing a cylinder not to fire.Mar 26, 2011.
I changed oil from 15w40 to 5w40 fully synthetic, and it seem after this I have had these problems. Could it be Cylinder 2 piston ring that is not sealing with 5w40. What are your thoughts on chemical ring seal

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Ok I think I just been having a blond moment.
I checked today and found wires coming from fuel pump. I am sure it must be for a Senser. Why else will a manual fuel pump have wires from it.

The first time I redone the timing on car. I Set the fuel pump well I did the other two setting. I checked the timing about 8 times by hand and the top cam and bottom lined up every time. But the fuel mark never lined up again. And Car ran well. Until I had runaway.
I then took off the head to find that the Cam sprocket had moved. The pin had broken off. I fixed that and put head back on. I did the timming only on top and bottom. Did not bother if fuel pump setting. Well I think that is my problem now. Looks like it should be set.
Please conferm if am right ?

See pic attached of what I think is the fuel senser

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Ok I think I just been having a blond moment.
I checked today and found wires coming from fuel pump. I am sure it must be for a Senser. Why else will a manual fuel pump have wires from it.

The first time I redone the timing on car. I Set the fuel pump well I did the other two setting. I checked the timing about 8 times by hand and the top cam and bottom lined up every time. But the fuel mark never lined up again. And Car ran well. Until I had runaway.
I then took off the head to find that the Cam sprocket had moved. The pin had broken off. I fixed that and put head back on. I did the timming only on top and bottom. Did not bother if fuel pump setting. Well I think that is my problem now. Looks like it should be set.
Please conferm if am right ?

See pic attached of what I think is the fuel senser
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Good day all.
I had a problem when last starting the Car. When I took off the pipe from the Inter cooler radiator to the Air intake and sprayed Easy start the car would start. Once running if I connected the pipe back on it car would die. So I took off the pipe from turbo to Inter cooler and drained the oil out, all most a letter came out This must have been why there was no air coming through and killed motor when pipe connected.
Any Idea why, could it be the PVC valve ?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,921 Posts
sure its not Turbo at fault
Take pie of turbo mouth, start the engine, rev to around 2000 rpm, switch off WAIT turbine will still be spinning, if you can see oil drip down from the blades area, turbo screwed

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Hi
I have tried to start car, It wants to but does not, I have sprayed quick start and tried starting nothing. I have primed it with hand pump, Every time I try and start. I hand pump till hard to pump, stray easy start then well starting the car, I pump by hand and it gets soft again. There is a big air bubble that moves to fuel filter when pumping then after a few seconds you can see bubble sliding back to half way between hand pump and fuel filter. I think not enough fuel is going through. How do I get ride of air bubble ?

·
42,921 Posts
Take the hoses off the intercooler, to turbo take hose of turbo mouth.
DONT use anymore easystart, crank the engine, see if you can get rid of the excess ES thats lying on/in the piston crowns.
IF no joy, take glow plugs out, cap full of engine oil down each plug hole , Refit plugs and try again.
Careful you dont go and screw the starter here now, the more you crank, the harder it works and the hotter it gets

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Hi.
Ok I got car started. I took off the fuel line to pump and then used hand pump to pump till air bubble gone.
Then tried again with easy start, I may have had the can up side down the other day. Cart started.

I tried to rev car, would only rev up to 1.500 rpm. I checked the Turbo mouth and nothing clean. not a drop. (I cleaned the mouth before starting again.)

Still white grey smoke. out exhaust, and out breather pipe that was not connected onto turbo mouth. Also oil spitting out breather pipe, after PVC valve.

·
42,921 Posts
What happens when you pull dipstick out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
I tried starting Car again, will only start with Quick start, and then dies, can not keep it running. I put Pipe from Pvc valve into can, and after just about 10 starts and dies, I have about 100ml of oil in can. I swapped PVC valve around and does the same, not sure if PVC valve is working?

It seems like there is no Fuel going to injectors, I tried starting and hand pumping, but it still dies.

·
42,921 Posts
so its from the top then..
Got to work out, what would force oil from the head to get through PCV
Looking at the head gasket design, is it possible the oil gallery is getting gases from a piston?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
so its from the top then..
Got to work out, what would force oil from the head to get through PCV
Looking at the head gasket design, is it possible the oil gallery is getting gases from a piston?
Please can you help me understand, Why you think its from the top ?

181 - 200 of 213 Posts