Independent Renault Forums banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
because when is from bothom (oil pan ) you can see blowbay on hole where is deep stick. when is problem with piston-rings, not with head.

but when you have large blowbay anywhere, oil and smoke will come from all paths.
i think if you close oil cap,you will have large blowbay on deepstick to.

you have now large mehanic failure on that engine. what exactly ,i dont know.

1.good checked head.(flatnes of head,good valves,good valve seals)
2.good head gasket.
3.proper instalation of head,timing belts.

then chek compresion,or chek now, to see from wich cilinder blowbay coming. maybe is piston-rings,maybe haed-valves,maybe gasket...

narow you problem..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,921 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Hi thanks guys for your feed back. The dip stick is part of the oil cap. One hole The oil cap and dip stick attached to a oil separater. I think that's what its called.. there is another pipe that connects to the oil separator that comes from the motor. And then there is a small pipe that goes into the bottom of the motor. Call the oil return pipe. On top next to the oil cap. There is a breather pipe. The oil and smoke come out this pipe and out the oil cap. I do not understand how you can tell if it's from bottom or top.
Would oil not be forced out of oil pan up through oil cap with pressure from piston rings

·
42,921 Posts
Ian, do yourself a favour, allow engine to cool down, and remove the head...
Thats a head gasket issue
You have gases going from one piston to another, and also going into the cylinder head oil galleries

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited by Moderator)
Ian, do yourself a favour, allow engine to cool down, and remove the head...
Thats a head gasket issue
You have gases going from one piston to another, and also going into the cylinder head oil galleries
Ok thanks Stuart. I will take head off tomorrow and get a new one. I should be able to see if the gasket is blowen . What signs am I looking for ?

·
42,921 Posts
You will see oil in the wrong places, i.e. under the gasket surface and on the metal parts of the engine/head where its seeped through

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
You will see oil in the wrong places, i.e. under the gasket surface and on the metal parts of the engine/head where its seeped through
Hi Good afternoon.

Ok Head off, you right head gasket has gone, looks like oil in cylinder 3 and water in cylinder 2, looks like rust on cylinder wall. Please see attached pic.

Is the rust going to be a problem ?

Attachments

·
42,921 Posts
No Ian, that wont cause any issues

Get some oil on a rag, and wipe the cylinders if you have no penetrating oil
If you have penetrating oil, just spray all the bore,.
should be ok then, Wipe the excess oil out of the crowns of the pistons
Where head bolts fit, make sure all bolt holes are clean, and free of oil/dirt
Piece of cloth ripped into strips, small screwdriver send the strips of cloth inside the bolt holes turn screwdriver and this will get all the oil/dirt out easier

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Hi Good evening all.

I have put the head back together again. Changed the Oil, Was like water, very watery. No signs on the cap, like mayo colour.

I started the car, took a lot of turns with easy start, Then it start will not rev, and dies shortly after. Tried about six times, used hand pump but could not keep it running. I had the Inter cooler pipe off, to use easy start. Starts has a hollow sound, then dies. If I Connect pipe will short run, it dies straight away.

I had to take the HP fuel pump out of the way to take head off, Took off Pipe from hand pump to fuel HP pump. I loosed Steel pipe on Hp pump did not take off, took steel pipe off Fuel rail. Disconnected, fuel rail pressure sensor.
I Damaged the fuel return pipe nipple, and had to change it and small pipe, as it was very brittle. Change with see through pipe, I can see bubble in return pipe, and bubble in pipe to HP pump.

I pump the hand pump and can start car then it dies, tried this a few times with out easy start, so some fuel must be going through

Please help.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts