Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,996 Posts
If you have a RPM signal; Sensor is working..

Have you tried Easy Start on this yet ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Hi. All.

I took the EGR valve to clean it out and check if it was not jammed open. The pipe that connects to the EGR valve was not fastened with the clamp to the exhaust, I then noticed that the vacuum pipe from the turbo was not there, see first pic. And I noticed that the back of this cylinder thing, which I think has to do with the vacuum, has a nipple on it, not sure if the turbo vacuum pipe connects to this pic 2 or the pip that has a bolt in it. pic 3.

Attachments

·
41,996 Posts
You have all the info in front of you on where all pipes go.
Look at the parts section
you will find lots of diagrams ,

·
41,996 Posts
Have you filled your Oval plate in

First screen, put Vehicle type code in,
Now click oval plate, fill this in, Now go to parts,

Its deffo in there Ian .
Not easy to find, but there..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Have you filled your Oval plate in

First screen, put Vehicle type code in,
Now click oval plate, fill this in, Now go to parts,

Its deffo in there Ian .
Not easy to find, but there..
Hi Stuart.

I could not find it but googled and found it on the Renault Forum.
All vacuum pipes fitted incorrectly, and the connection that comes from the vacuum pump on side of motor, big pip goes to brake and clutch cylinder, the other small pipe was left off, nipple broke off, and was left. I managed to do a mi-giver and got it on.

So I eliminated the First code
DF056 - Mass air flow sensor
  • Offset at min limit
  • Intermittent
So Now I need to check
DF025 - Pre-postheating unit diagnostic line
  • No status
  • Permanent
Real Time data Delphi

Preheating relay control Inactive

I found the fault finding but can not make sense of it with out wire diagram, I just can not find one.

Check fuse F2 for Mégane II and Scénic II and FM12 for Laguna II (70A) located on the power supply fuse All Good
board.
Check the resistance of the heater plugs: I have checked all good Glow plugs are new as well
Check the continuity and absence of interference resistance of the following connections:
– connection code 37AB between components 257 and 682. Can Not make sense of this
– connection code 37AC between components 257 and 683.Can Not make sense of this
– connection code 37Z between components 257 and 680.Can Not make sense of this
– connection code 37AA between components 257 and 681.Can Not make sense of this
Check for + 12 V on connection BP35 of the preheating unit (via fuse F2 for Mégane II and Scénic II I get 12.45 V

If the fault is still present.
Check the injection computer connections.
Check the continuity and absence of interference resistance of the following connections:
– connection code 3FY, Not sure what to do here, no wire diagram
– connection code 3FF. Not sure what to do here, no wire diagram
Between components 120 ECU and 257. ?

Can you help please.

·
41,996 Posts
257 = Glow plug relay
680/681/682/683 = pre heater/glow plugs
Take the plugs off the ecu, and look inside it, or on the plugs and you will see the numbers

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
257 = Glow plug relay
680/681/682/683 = pre heater/glow plugs
Take the plugs off the ecu, and look inside it, or on the plugs and you will see the numbers
Hi I Under Stand that there are letters and Number on the back of the 3 plugs that go into the ECU (120) but they only have 2 references 1,2,3,4 and ABCDEFGH. So were is the 3rd letter for. 3FY ? and 3FF I do not see any markings on the plugs to distinguish with plug of the three I must look at.

Please see attached

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Can Anyone help. I have found the 2 points on the Glow plug relay, that go to ECU but can not find which Ecu connector to check , and which pin to check for continuity. The Fault Finder says 3FY and 3FF. On the Connectors that go into the ECU, it only gives 2 references, A - H and 1,2,3,4.

·
41,996 Posts
Look inside the ECU, you will see the numbers in there, .
DO You have power at the glow plugs ?
Connect multimeter using the Volts ( DC ) setting, (lay it in such a position you can see it from the drivers seat )
Red probe inside one of the glow plug connectors, the Black probe secured to an Earth .
Get in the car and switch Ignition on, see what its reading
DONT worry about it dropping a volt,

Would still be getting a can of Easy start, and pulling the pipe off the Turbo mouth and spraying in there, if no Easy start, brake and clutch cleaner .
Would really want to hear the engine run, before I would do any more fault finding .

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Look inside the ECU, you will see the numbers in there,
Connect multimeter using the Volts ( DC ) setting, (lay it in such a position you can see it from the drivers seat )
Red probe inside one of the glow plug connectors, the Black probe secured to an Earth .

Would still be getting a can of Easy start, and pulling the pipe off the Turbo mouth and spraying in there, if no Easy start, brake and clutch cleaner .
Would really want to hear the engine run, before I would do any more fault finding .
I must be missing something, I have looked in the connection side of ECU, Yes there are letters and Numbers, So I can Find 3F but what is the Y for and the other one is 3F what is the F for What is the third reference for, Which plug would I be checking of the three?

·
41,996 Posts
not a tucking clue LOL

Have you read the PDF correctly

Are the Numbers/letters you refer to from the actual testing point say Glow plug relay wire is 3FF and it goes to?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
not a tucking clue LOL

Have you read the PDF correctly

Are the Numbers/letters you refer to from the actual testing point say Glow plug relay wire is 3FF and it goes to?
Copy and paste

If the fault is still present.
Check the injection computer connections.
– connection code 3FY,
– connection code 3FF.
Between components 120 and 257.
If the connection or connections are faulty and there is a repair method (see Technical Note 6015A, Repairing
electrical wiring, Wiring: Precautions for repair), repair the wiring, otherwise replace it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Look inside the ECU, you will see the numbers in there, .

I have Checked power at the glow plugs, I get 12.4 Vat each of them. When Ignition on and Starting, Before Ignition on 6.4 V. So does that rule out the Glow Plug Relay?

·
Registered
97 Posts
do you have one or two wires on glow plug?

how you can have 6,4v before ignation on ?!

are you mesure resistance of glow plugs.

try to start car with easy-start spray, first . if start than scan again, maybe is just air in fuel. . try to find or see is there manual prime pump for fuel in engine bay

·
41,996 Posts
The 6.4 volt is classed as a passive voltage it would not even power a 5volt led.
So glow plug relay is working, just the data line not working ( Monitoring line while driving Ignore this code,. wont stop your engine from running )
Get the Easy start in it now before you go anywhere else

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
do you have one or two wires on glow plug?

how you can have 6,4v before ignation on ?!

are you mesure resistance of glow plugs.

try to start car with easy-start spray, first . if start than scan again, maybe is just air in fuel. . try to find or see is there manual prime pump for fuel in engine bay
Hi

I have One wire to glow plugs and I now checked again and I get 6.3V with ignition off. No car in Car locked.

I have a manual pump and I have pumped but still no start.

·
41,996 Posts
YOU will always have this,
Dont worry about it, if it was an issue it would drain your battery..

·
Registered
97 Posts
glow plug control module
connection 2 , 7 , 1, 6 go to glow plugs. white wires

4 go to fuse F2 70Amps red wire
3 go to a4 on ECU pink wire
8 go to e2 on ECU brown wire

renault scenic 2 , 2003-2009 1,9dCi 96kw 130hp
engine code F9Q 803

41 - 60 of 97 Posts