Independent Renault Forums banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,921 Posts
so its a wiring fault then, you have proved its not injector why are you going on a compression test before sorting wiring out

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
It

Hi good morning.
DF041
Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit
Open circuit
Intermittent

DF 056
Master air flow sensor
Short circuit to ground or open circuit
Intermittent

DF056
Mass air flow sensor
Offset at min limit
Intermittent

DF025
Pre- postheating unit diagnostic line
No status
Permanent

When I got it started yesterday. I used quick start. When conected intercoolant pipe back on car died. Done it a few times
i
so its a wiring fault then, you have proved its not injector why are you going on a compression test

[*]It say on Dialogys to check connector c is that the bottom connector on ecu or the top.
[*]Also say I must run test 1 Injector Test ? Not sure what that is. Thanks
[/LIST]
so its a wiring fault then, you have proved its not injector why are you going on a compression test before sorting wiring out
That's what Serser69 suggested.

Ok can you please help. Not sure of following
Grey 32 track connector C. Is that top or bottom . What is track G4 ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
if engine have large blowby on oilcap or pvc valve,how that cant be mehanic failure ? piston ring or valve seal ?

·
42,921 Posts
he needs to sort electrical issues out first to see whats up..
How will a compression test help that

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Ok can you please help. Not sure of following
Grey 32 track connector C. Is that top or bottom plug on ecu ? What is track G4 ?
Hi all again.
Stuart I tested the continuity on the grey and cream wire on plug c and plug to injector all good. I get continuity. I started it again still loud noise. White smoke out exhaust and pvc valve. I had to start with quick start every time. When running and I put intercooling air pipe back on motor dies. If I leave off monitor runs for about 3 min idle and dies. Smoke also coming through inter cooling pipe. I am sure from breather pipe. So looks like I am going to have to do compression test. How do I do the compression test please help

There is a product on the market in spear shop that claims to seal steam seal. I think it also seals piston rings. How good is that do you know?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Hi all again.
Stuart I tested the continuity on the grey and cream wire on plug c and plug to injector all good. I get continuity. I started it again still loud noise. White smoke out exhaust and pvc valve. I had to start with quick start every time. When running and I put intercooling air pipe back on motor dies. If I leave off monitor runs for about 3 min idle and dies. Smoke also coming through inter cooling pipe. I am sure from breather pipe. So looks like I am going to have to do compression test. How do I do the compression test please help

There is a product on the market in spear shop that claims to seal steam seal. I think it also seals piston rings. How good is that do you know?
If I got water some how into the oil chambers well taking the head off. I did disconect the water thermostats housing to let water out before taking head off to check valves. I did not take the oil out. If a small amount of water got into oil. Could this cause the white smoke. And the loud noise.The oil on dipstick is not mayonnaise ish. No white mayonnaise on oil cap. Its synthetic oil. ?

Please help ?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
If I got water some how into the oil chambers well taking the head off. I did disconect the water thermostats housing to let water out before taking head off to check valves. I did not take the oil out. If a small amount of water got into oil. Could this cause the white smoke. And the loud noise.The oil on dipstick is not mayonnaise ish. No white mayonnaise on oil cap. Its synthetic oil. ?

Please help ?
I also did not change the head gasket. It looked new

·
42,921 Posts
struggling to work out how an electrical fault will be from inside the engine..

List the fault codes as they appear ,,

Lets see if we can work out whats possible/probable cause before you strip down half your engine..
Pull the breather pipe off the turbo/air flow , start the engine and read/diagnose ..
P.S. What are you using Ian, Wurth, Or Deplhi?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
struggling to work out how an electrical fault will be from inside the engine..

List the fault codes as they appear ,,

Lets see if we can work out whats possible/probable cause before you strip down half your engine..
Pull the breather pipe off the turbo/air flow , start the engine and read/diagnose ..
P.S. What are you using Ian, Wurth, Or Deplhi?
Thanks Stuwart.

I am using Delphi. Will try the breather pipe thing and come back to you. Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Hi Good morning all, Stuart I hope you had a great Christmas.
Have not got a chance to do the Breather pipe disconnect and restart yet.The battery is flat.
I have been googling and came up with this Article
Three Reason for White Smoke.

1.Clogged Fuel Filter
2.Incorrect injection timing (due to a bad injector pump, worn timing gear,or a compromised crankshaft key-way)
3. low cylinder compression (due to compromised valves,cylinder glaze,or a worn or sticking piston ring)

I was wondering if it is not point number 2.
I had a problem with the Key-way on the Camshaft pulley. There was a whole in the pulley wheel, by the key-way. I noticed on a picture from a second hand Pulley that there was a pin, through the pulley for the key way. So I made a new one and inserted it into the hole. It helped for the giding of the pulley to the camshaft. I tighten the pulley as much as I could with the head off, holding the head with my feet, not so tight but I thought I would be able to tighten better once head is on again.I do not recall tightening the bolt again. So I am not sure if the pulley has moved or not. It was as tight as I could tighten it well head was on the tile floor.

I want to take off the bolt and see if the wheel has moved or not. Can I use the key-way Gide on the Camshaft to line up with the mark on the side. How will I know if the head is at DTC ?

·
42,921 Posts
If your valve timing is incorrect then you will NEVER get rid of the white smoke.
IF in doubt.... Would be checking that before stripping anything down

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Hi Ok this is beating me.

I have checked the Cam pulley and took it off. It still lines up with mark and the pin in the pulley is still in place, I have tightened it to 60nm, IS THIS RIGHT?

So I have done the Following.
1.Took off head and Set TDC. Valles on Cylinder 1 and 4 all closed. Put head back on with same Gasket and bolts
2. Checked and set in timing belt, all marks line up.
3 Changed oil from 15w40 normal oil to 5w40 Fully synthetic. Was not smoking with old oil, but now does ???
4.Dash said check injectors, Scan says Check Cylinder 2. Took out and cleaned injector number 2 and cleaned out noses all were blocked , sprayed Quick start and could see 4 holes spraying. Put injector back in, Started no difference.
Swooped injector 1 and 2 around, still same problem.
5. Got Molly Diesel Purge and ran car on 1l, after about 10 seconds, loud noise went away, clatter noise and smoke, then after about halfway through the Purge it started all over again. Carry on till purge almost finished, did not run dry.
6. I can see air bubbles So I loosened Diesel fuel pipe on rail, to get air out, but car just died.
7. Ran Car again cleared scan codes and still Cylinder 2 comes up.
8. Get car running and again Loud noise, White smoke and oil out of PVC valve. Took Breather pipe off and loads of white smoke comes out breather.
9 Strayed Quick start in air intake pipe from inter cooler, get car started then when I put Inter cooler pipe back on car Dies. Start car and runs with out pipe for about 2 min then dies.

Have not done compression test yet, Will Start Car tomorrow and Run with breather pipe off turbo and take scan.

·
42,921 Posts
when cylinder 1 and 4 valves were closed, did the timing mark on the sprocket line up correctly to the hole in the Casing
You are checking that the hole in the casing is TDC for cam?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
when cylinder 1 and 4 valves were closed, did the timing mark on the sprocket line up correctly to the hole in the Casing
You are checking that the hole in the casing is TDC for cam?
When I had the head off and moved valves to closed position . 1 and 4. The slit in the camshaft is at 12 o clock. When I connected the pulley back on. Pin in slit of camshaft. The sprocket timing mark lined up with Mark on casing. .
You had another way to make sure the head was at tdc by taking off rocker cover. I can not find those steps. Would like to make sure it's right.That way

161 - 180 of 213 Posts