Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have just brought a real cheap Scenic.2 I was told that it starts but rates have eaten the wiring to the Coil packs on two of them. Well I fixed them and a few other wires. Still no start. Replace starter motor. Now it turned over but no start. The fuel line to the injector rail I broke. Fuel gushed out so I know fuel pump works. I have fixed that. I conected Can clip to car to do a scan and it does not conect to ecu. Two red light on scanner. One comes on from laptop but not from car. I have checked wires back to this plug. ( See attached) And connections are Green on both sides of the connectors. I started to replace plug harnest from donnerr car. About 5 of the wires the copper has turned black. Will these wires still be good, I have cut the 50 odd wires one by one and attached it to the new plug honest. One by one so I did not cross over wires. Its then that I noticed that 5 of the 50 wires have gone black. . Not sure if the new copper wires will make contact. Twisting them together and then insolating then with tape.
Please can anyone help

Attachments

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
36,942 Posts
You are a Tart at times LOL

Because you have a Can Clip, does not mean you have to feel sorry for every Renault being sold

Done all that, what about the power at diagnostic socket

Does the Horn work?

If not second fuse up from the centre column in interior fuse box If yes interior fusebox fuse is ok

Under bonnet fuse box
Two rows, One column
Check the Column = Second fuse up taking where the MAIN BATTERY power supply bolts on is the bottom ( All black fuse box )
Again taking the place where the MAIN BATTERY power supply bolts on as the bottom
First row up ( Can hold eight fuses in this row ) last fuse on the right ( Fuse 17 )
( Black and white fuse box )

Must have two power supplies at the socket, ( When ignition is on ) plus two earths

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,500 Posts
Black wires will not make a good connection.
But if you open the strands a little into a fan then some fine wet and dry (dry) should clean them up

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys

I got to do a Scan and the following are the Codes.

Computer S3000 Injection
DF083 DOWNSTREAM OXYGEN SENSOR HEATING CIRCUIT. ( THESE WIRES WERE EATEN MY A RATE, IT HAD 2 WHITE WIRES, I MAY HAVE RECONNECTED THE WRONG WAY AROUND )
DF001 WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT ( PLUG HAD COME OUT )
DF080 CAMSHAFT SHIFTER CIRCUIT ( I did clean out the VVT solenoid)

Well turning the Motor over on start, it just turns,I can hear the compression been released and then a loud thomp, (Could be a misfire) Coil 1 and 3 had been nippled off by rate as well, very close to plug. So I may have got wire connected the wrong way around, no scan codes for Coil pack . There was before on all 4 coils packs on the first scan, before erasing codes. I did save first scan before erasing codes)
On The Delphi Scaner I got this code that I did not get on Can Clip
920D -+ after ignition circuit' incoherence
- Intermittent

ANY HELP

·
36,942 Posts
Are you letting Clip find VIN , Ian, or are you typing it in?

Using right code for car, ( Drop down box, just below VIN )
I tend to check VINS in the modules
Not Vins on the car on Scenic, and Meganes,

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI Stuart.
I am looking at buying another Scenic to fix. It's 2.0 lt Automagic. It will not start as he says that the gear selector pin is broken. When you turn car on it does not show on dash what gear it's in. Is this a big fix. Must I buy for run

·
36,942 Posts
You are a worry
EXPECT to be buying a gearbox as a worse case scenario
Not a clue Ian to be truthful if its a possible fix with gearbox in the car
Would first be checking if the selector cable was intact

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you letting Clip find VIN , Ian, or are you typing it in?

Using right code for car, ( Drop down box, just below VIN )
I tend to check VINS in the modules
Not Vins on the car on Scenic, and Meganes,
Hi Stuwart I did let the computor find the vin number. I pressed the ? Button. It then asks for gear box type. I pressed second one.
I press the start button and the starter turns the motor over after quiet a few turns just before it stops turning. There is a thump sound from the throttle body. I looked and it's a pressure release from the throttle body. Then it stops turning. I hear a buzzing sound from the throttle body and then these a click sound coming from the engine bay fuse box. Click then nothing then a click.
Any ideas. I sprayed quick start in throttle body before start but still does not start. How do I check coil packs

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Stuwart I did let the computor find the vin number. I pressed the ? Button. It then asks for gear box type. I pressed second one.
I press the start button and the starter turns the motor over after quiet a few turns just before it stops turning. There is a thump sound from the throttle body. I looked and it's a pressure release from the throttle body. Then it stops turning. I hear a buzzing sound from the throttle body and then these a click sound coming from the engine bay fuse box. Click then nothing then a click.
Any ideas. I sprayed quick start in throttle body before start but still does not start. How do I check coil packs
Hi can anyone help ?

·
36,942 Posts
Ian, have you not got Daialogys running with Clip?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ian, have you not got Daialogys running with Clip?
Yes. And I have check all wires to fuel pump. I took the fuel pipe off from the rail. And fuel is pumping through.
I have checked all coils and the all give spark at apart plug.
I have checked timing. With these Mark's on pic 1. The small semi cercle is at the bottom. The piston 4 is at tdc. The flywheel tdc Mark can be seen when I took the crank sensor out see pic 2.
Not sure were on the Can clip to check if crank sensor is working ?
I also need to check if there is current to injectors

Attachments

·
36,942 Posts
Explain this then ============ I now have a new Code. DF 007.
If you have dial working correctly with Clip, then the page should open automatically and show you how to check the Fault

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Explain this then ============ I now have a new Code. DF 007.
If you have dial working correctly with Clip, then the page should open automatically and show you how to check the Fault
I can not make sense of the instructions that it is giving. So I thought that if its getting fuel at the rail all is good.

It Says that I need to Check the continuity of the following connections

Fuel Sender track 2 ( How do I find which wire that is)--track 15 Grey instrument panel connector (Is that the cluster connector )
Fuel sender track 4 ----------- track 2, Grey instrument panel connector

It also came up with this code when I done a scan today
DF010
Steering column switch combined circuit

Check the continuity of the following connections

Connection code 14 1B.
Connection Code 14 1K
Connection Code 14 1C
Connection Code 14 1L
Connection Code 14 1D

Were do I find connection code 14 and !B,1K,1C.1L,1D

I have also noticed today, that before inserting the car key there is no immobilize light flashing,The light never comes on.

Please can you answer this Question. On a 2lt Petrol. why would there be a back fire through the air intake manifold. I toot the plastic air intake housing off and tried starting car. On cylinder 4 there was a blow out of red pressure after a few times on cranking the motor. Why would it do this.

I hope you can Help

·
Registered
706 Posts
It may be coil on cyl 4.
If the isolation is broken to the outside, spark will occur between the engine head and the nearest grounded metal instead on the spark plug itself.
If that is close to the intake port, it will ignite the charge of fuel for that cylinder.

Or timing mechanism for intake camshaft. If that one is broken and retarded, it will keep intake valve open when spark occurs and some of the ignition flame will pass the valve into the intake port.

·
36,942 Posts
ALL the connections are INSIDE the plug, number/letters are hard to see, Super Duper Phone, take picture ZOOM in you will see the letters/numbers

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It may be coil on cyl 4.
If the isolation is broken to the outside, spark will occur between the engine head and the nearest grounded metal instead on the spark plug itself.
If that is close to the intake port, it will ignite the charge of fuel for that cylinder.

Or timing mechanism for intake camshaft. If that one is broken and retarded, it will keep intake valve open when spark occurs and some of the ignition flame will pass the valve into the intake port.
Hi Moxinel thanks for your feed back. On taking out the coils to clean them. two of them were really stuck in with rat peer and droppings.. So to get them out I damaged some of the plastic around the cylinder of the coil (On the back side were the built ties the coil pack to the cylinder dead ) I did not think much of it, as the rubber around the spark plug was ok. This is on number 4 coil.Pic 1From left to right .
If this is on two of the coils. Will this cause the Car to not start

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ALL the connections are INSIDE the plug, number/letters are hard to see, Super Duper Phone, take picture ZOOM in you will see the letters/numbers
Hi. Stuwart

I am not sure were the code or number are. Is it by this connrrction.
Do you need to program the coils like the injectors on a diesel.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
No need for programming. That is plug'n'play system.

Coils look new but that means nothing. If one or more are broken, they will leak ignition charge outside, off the spark plug and may cause backfire. That also depends on the condition of spark plugs, too. Bad plugs present too much resistance and force the charge elsewhere.

Gunk on them is some water/rust residue and burnt oil. There are 4 gaskets-rigs securing oil from entering into the coil holes.
After such a long time, new spark plugs are must.

·
36,942 Posts
Ian the plug you mentioned is on the steering, but you have not said what module number the fault relates to
ASin ECU IS always 120

1 - 20 of 70 Posts