Independent Renault Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I have changed the battery for another battery. 12.68 V. Tried to start nothing dead. Only dash and wipers working and inside lights. Done a scan. Engine on Delphi dose not connect to. Other parts all OK.
Checked batter after scan. 12.09 V. Is there a fuse controlling ECU. It looks like ecu not turning on starter
Hi Good morning. Stuart. Does the ECU need to be earth under the battery box. See pic

ine is rusty u

Attachments

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
36,890 Posts
Have you had the fuse box from under the bonnet out.
When you connected the fusebox back up ( If you have removed it )
Did you get the bolt holding power lead and fusebox correct
Its bolt through the lead, through the fusebox, and into the busbar ( Part where the nut is )
Those fuses underneath the fusebox where they checked
never come across an Earth on any Renault that is held in place by the battery carrier.
So cannot help on that
You have checked the fuses on the battery terminal with a volt meter

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Have you had the fuse box from under the bonnet out.
When you connected the fusebox back up ( If you have removed it )
Did you get the bolt holding power lead and fusebox correct
Its bolt through the lead, through the fusebox, and into the busbar ( Part where the nut is )
Those fuses underneath the fusebox where they checked
never come across an Earth on any Renault that is held in place by the battery carrier.
So cannot help on that
You have checked the fuses on the battery terminal with a volt meter
Hi Stuart Thank you so so much for all your help.I got it started 5 min ago. It was a wire from the Possative battery terminal to the engine fuse box. Not the positive with the bolt but the plug side. See pics.
Another Scenic on the road.
I just have an over revving on Idle . 3.500 rpm. When you press accelerator it goes up and comes back down to 3500 rpm. Going to do a scan now. Thanks Stuart

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Hi Stuart Thank you so so much for all your help.I got it started 5 min ago. It was a wire from the Possative battery terminal to the engine fuse box. Not the positive with the bolt but the plug side. See pics.
Another Scenic on the road.
I just have an over revving on Ideal. 3.500 rpm. When you press accelerator it goes up and comes back down to 3500 rpm. Going to do a scan now. Thanks Stuart
Hi.
OK Scan done three faults on Engine
0141 Downstream Lambda sensor heater Open Circuit
0115 Coolant Temperature Sensor. Open Value.
( Plug broken) will fix
0110 Air temperature sensor circuit. Values outside tolerances

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Hi.
OK Scan done three faults on Engine
0141 Downstream Lambda sensor heater Open Circuit
0115 Coolant Temperature Sensor. Open Value.
( Plug broken) will fix
0110 Air temperature sensor circuit. Values outside tolerances
It now surges. Up to 3500 rpm then down just below 1000rpm then back up again.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hi Can anyone help. F4R 2.0lt motor. Does not idle. Revs at 3500. Then after awhile it starts to surge. from about 1000 RMP to 3500RPM. and it just keeps on doing this. There is Smoke coming from exhaust manifold. It maybe just burning excess gasket sealer. I checked all pipes behind Throttle body all connected. Any ideas please

·
36,890 Posts
Intake leak Ian , check Inlet manifold gasket/hoses

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Intake leak Ian , check Inlet manifold gasket/hoses
Hi Stuart.

Thanks for Reply
It was the vacuum pump on the top side of the air intake manifold. Close to the TB. The pipe from Top of Tappet cover to Vacuum valve was disconnected.

I drove the car around the block. All good. Except the Brake pedal sticks down. Have to use your foot to release brake. Would this be the Brake pedal spring or the Brake fluid?

·
36,890 Posts
have you touched any part of the braking system
too much fluid will hold the pedal down
other than that, it could be rusty linkage , depending what side steering wheel is
If on the right, then a bar runs from right to left from the brake pedal to the passenger side
Under the carpet, check for seized joints
If steering wheel on the left, inspect pedal and linkage and cover with penetrating oil
FOR tucks sake dont get any on the rubber pads on the pedals ( where your feet press )
Feet will slide off in wet weather

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
have you touched any part of the braking system
too much fluid will hold the pedal down
other than that, it could be rusty linkage , depending what side steering wheel is
If on the right, then a bar runs from right to left from the brake pedal to the passenger side
Under the carpet, check for seized joints
If steering wheel on the left, inspect pedal and linkage and cover with penetrating oil
FOR tucks sake dont get any on the rubber pads on the pedals ( where your feet press )
Feet will slide off in wet weather
I have done nothing to the brake system.
I will be fitting a auto hand brake unit. I does not have was taken out and left out.
It's a right hand side steering wheel.
I will check
Thanks

61 - 70 of 70 Posts