Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have searched for a while trying to find the answer. Can anyone point me in the direction of a "How to" on scenic front brakes. Specifically I want to know if the pistons need to be turned and pushed back, or just pushed. I have had all variations in the past including different directions for each side and a specific orientation to finish up in.
Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
83 Posts
From what i remember the pistons just need pushing back. Its the standard set up on them. Took me an hour to do both sides just before i sold it and it only took that long due to coffee stops. :)

If still unsure then a haynes manual will always come in handy. You never know when you need to fix something else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will get on with it soon.

In reply to your last line, I suspect I will be repairing something else very soon. We've only had the flippin' thing a few months and already it has had the dashboard failure, missing fan speeds, aircon recharge, rear discs and pads, handbrake recall and now the front brakes need doing.
Amazingly, the Brenda hasn't got sick of it yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks, will get on with it soon.

In reply to your last line, I suspect I will be repairing something else very soon. We've only had the flippin' thing a few months and already it has had the dashboard failure, missing fan speeds, aircon recharge, rear discs and pads, handbrake recall and now the front brakes need doing.
Amazingly, the Brenda hasn't got sick of it yet.
We had an 04 1.9dci grand scenic that needed the handbrake looking at (recall) We had to sort disks too. Worst thing was though that it liked getting through was bottom engine mounts. You will tell when that happens though because the car will nearly shake your fillings out at speed.

All in all though, we would still buy another due to the fact the ride was brilliant and it was so well equipped. Even with its faults i would rate it the best for price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front brakes all done, quite a nice job except for nearly dropping the car off the jack because only one rear brake seems to be working! What did I say about having to fix something else soon?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts