Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to work (dublin market) in my 2004 scenic this morning, 160 miles, unloaded the car and now theres nothing - shes dead and wont even lock the doors. The immobiliser light is on but no dash response or starting. Ive only had her 4 days and shes been running great.

Ive replaced battery in key card, checked roof sensor for moisture, tried immobiliser override (but no dash response so dont think its that), the only thing I havent tried is volt testing the battery as I havent got my meter with me (in the box of caR STUFF I took out of old car and left in the hall - dumb or what). But would EVERYTHING be dead except immobiliser light if it was just the battery????

I have no knowledge of cars, I have been reading lots of posts which is where I got ideas above but no luck. I cant get a jump start as market has started and im blocked in now till market ends. (I bought a grand scenic 2 weeks ago, was overheating and after 500 quid and a week in garage turned out to be knackered, got most of money back from dealer and got this scenic - now Im worried this might be a bad one!!) I must be due some luck!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Battery seems fine, reading over 13 volts. Im not sure how to check alternator - any other ideas, could it be the immobiliser if theres no electrics atall. ANY IDEAS please please!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked the connections on the battery terminal and they are clean and tight, what other connections should I check?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have called the AA, I hope they can get me going again otherwise car will be stuck in a garage in Dublin 80 miles away!! Im very quickly going off renaults:(. I'll let you know what they find - any ideas in the meantime please let me know.

O

·
0 Posts
The AA would have been my first call, after all, you're paying for it each year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is in the center of a market so AA wouldnt have been able to get to it till the end of the day when stalls and customers were gone, so we were trying the obvious first, however market staff have found a route through and are willing to clear the aisles of customers for AA van to get in. Will wait and see what they see.

O

·
0 Posts
That's good, let us know what the AA say, as it's a real weird one that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The aa chap said there was a fault with the battery and the computer needed reseting, he was quite quick. I am going to replace the battery tomorrow to be on the safe side. Is there any way of checking if the battery is aound? The doors would have been left open for a while why the car was loaded up with the market stall, so theres a chance the interior lights could have drained it.

O

·
0 Posts
It's possible, but it depends how long the lights were on.

Easy fix when you know what the problem is, new battery and job done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts