Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone- I get a feeling I'll be a regular visitor to this site.. A few days ago I bought a 2002 model scenic "Authentique" with a 1.4 petrol motor. Today, deciding to service the car, I removed an intake pipe and what looks like a resonator box. This, in turn, connect into a box which is securely fixed behind the head.The throttle assembly goes over the top.I can see some filter media in there, which doesnt look air filter material- more an open weave sponge. BUT how on earth do I remove the air filter and replace it? Where are the nuts/bolts/screws/clips?
Ive seen several threads in the same vein, but the question never seems to get a complete answer. thank you in anticipation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done it- many thanks for your help. For anyone else experiencing difficulty- on top of the air filter assembly there are two size 20 Tork screws facing the passenger side front wheel. Undo these(don't take them out) and the filter assembly hinges to your right. Twist and lift the whole assembly out, pop the filter out from there.
One problem down, now I need to work out how to access the spark plugs!!

·
Super Moderator
9,207 Posts
Mine's not got T30, It's now a 10mm Hex.
Tip :- make sure your 3/8 drive clicks together tighter than the spark plug socket grips the plug. DAMHIK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.