Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenic cut out today RAC just towed me 300 miles. Their computer says low fuel pressure and suspect low pressure pump. where is it? they said under boot floor/seat. Haynes says in engine bay. I cant find it ! Where is it ? Is it easy DIY job ?
When i turn ignition on fuel pipes that come up to fuel filter are vibtating and i can here a buzz from below. some times it starts. the STOP light is on and then the engine cuts out.
I have read some other posts on DCi. I will also replace filter and egr valve at the same time.
I am use to working on classic fords !
Thanks

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
My dci espace has the pump just forward of the fuel tank. It makes a squirting noise when I'm waiting for the glow plug light top go out.

Maybe you have a fuel line blockage or air trapped ?

Nick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
must be the low pressure pump on engine bulk head. i replaced the filter and cleaned the very gunky egr valve. the pump is noisy. shake and knock it and it works and engines fires up. still with stop lights on dash. turn off and it will not restart. took off fuel pipes and turned over. no diesel comimg out until you bang pump! looks akward job so will take to garage !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was the low pressure pump. cost about £180 fitted !!
broke down twice more with othe issues. got fed up and bought wife a brand new kia with 5 year warranty !!! i will stick to classic fords.....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts