Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Scenic 2006 with Automatic Climate Control. The manual states that the only symbols that should show in the display when in Auto mode is the Word AUTO and the temperature. However, our AC comes on and displays as AC very often when the temperature outside has been 5 degrees and we have requested 22 degrees. This has been on perfectly dry days when no demisting was required. We have asked the dealer and Renault Customer Support about this and neither have been at all helpful. Can anyone with the same system answer the question whether the manual statement is correct or not and whether the behavior we describe here is resaonable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
On my Scenic, the A/C comes on if it's been sitting in the sun, even if the outside temperature is as low as 5 deg - probably 'cos my glass sunroof lets the heat in. It goes off after a time, obviously when the cabin has cooled down enough. I think that's not a bad thing as the A/C system should be run regularly to keep the seals lubricated.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Just a couple of suggestions - the air-con relies on the outside temperature sensor and the cabin air quality sensor - when I took my internal sensor (located in the rear view mirror pod) it was full of dust and gunge and the motor which drives the mini fan wasn't working - after a bit of cleaning and fiddling it now works. I have to admit the climate control seems to be operating much better. I have a Lagune II but as far as I know climate control has to be able to monitor the cabin temperture, humidity and air quality to function correctly:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts