Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This has been bugging me since day 1 of owning our Scenic, and despite being a member here, I've never thought to ask!

So, on the Scenic (with the 'Tuner List' on the front of the stereo) when listening to the radio, to my mind, the auto-find' functionality isn't working at all!

I didn't think anything of it much until I recently got my 04 Clio, on the radio display it clearly shows 'AF' and auto-tunes no problem, whether I'm on 'Tuner List' 'Tuner Manual' or 'Tuner Preset'.

In the scenic however, there's no sign of 'AF' - the radio station name displays fine (Radio 1 for example) but the frequency will lose strength, the only way to resolve is to flip to another radio station, then flip back again!

I've had a cursory glance through the manual, tried setting AF to be on, but to no avail, am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
On a number of Scenic IIs this is a problem due to a loose earth I believe. Radio will not stay on station or wanders, poor reception .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Hi,

I am at my wit's end trying to fix this problem on my wife's 56 plate Scenic with update list head unit. Tried so far:

New Antenna base
New aerial cable from antenna base to head unit (ran it temporarily through car, made no difference)
Checked earth connections to head unit, all good.
Cleaned main battery ground terminals

Stereo will manually tune to stations that I know frequencies for on FM & LW but reception is not great and RDS station name doesn't always show. Auto-tuning function fails to find a single station.

Only thing left in my mind is the head unit itself or the screw-in antenna but I can't believe there would be anything wrong with that as it looks to be ok physically.

I have heard people saying about the UCP module next to the battery being a possible cause of radio faults but I thought that was more to do with battery discharging or the radio functioning intermittently? The CD player works fine.

Has anyone got the low down on this fault? I'm worried even a new head unit might not be the fix I am looking for.

HELP!!!!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Well it was just as I thought, a new head unit hasn't fixed the problem either!

The only thing I haven't replaced as I didn't see it to be the most likely fault is the screw in mast. If that fixes the problem then I'm laughing but I'm completely fed up with this one now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts