Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have bits of digits missing on the radio display but not the time and temp, and also back speakers dont seem to be working, any help would be very much appreciated - Thanks in advance.

Paul.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Chris , how would I go about checking these multiplugs? and are these for the digital radio display or for the speakers? thanks again.
Paul.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll admit something now, and yes, you may all point and laugh.

I have a 97 Scenic, with an aftermarket MP3 CD player fitted (in when I bought the car).

The rear speakers never have worked, and I always wondered why, until a friend told me to check if there are actually speakers there....

I have the grilles and the wiring.....but no speakers...lol

Apparently it was an optional extra when the car was new..so maybe worth checking...do you actually have any speakers in there? :d

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rear Speakers

Just head to your local scrappy with a flat screwdriver and a 6 mm torx key, hunt for a Scenic or a Megane (same speakers).
To see if the speakers are actually there, feel with your hand on the left side through the stowaway hole under it.
5 minute job, and you're done with a fiver.
Just got a few bits for mine today from another similar Megane, but with just 35000 miles on the clock:
  • Rear speakers
  • Throttle body
  • Air filter
  • A few pipes and sensors
  • Some plastic parts (interior and exterior)
Total £ 20. Beat that!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not a bad idea. I think you can get a pair for about a tenner from a car shop.
There are some things I could do with from the scrappers too, tbh.

Gas struts for the tailgate being one of them.
and a boot sensor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can buy aftermarket speakers that are made specifically for our car, but don't expect them to be cheap.

If you don't mind some electric DIY, you sure can buy some generic speakers... but you have to get them of the right diameter, shape, and not too deep, cut the proprietary connectors off your car wiring, crimp some fast-on on the wires, and plug them correctly (not inverting the wires, you'll get a funny sound if you do).

Not a simple task. I am an electronic engineer, so I am more than capable to do a state of the art job.

Don't bother, just get a pair of speakers off a scrapyard car as ours and you're done. Right shape, size, connectors... Eeeeeeeeasy. :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts