Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there can anyone help me ,i purchesed a twin 12v socket for the rear or my scenic .the hand book shows it fitting between rear seats under centre seat .my question is does the scenic wiring loom already have connections or will i have to hard wire the socket myself .btw my scenic is a 1.5 dci dynamique 2005 if you could assist it would be much appreciated

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
If it's an original Renault part, marketed as an optional accessory, there should be a wiring loom for it already in the car.
If you bought it from a Renault dealer, they would know whether it's got a loom or not, based on year.

If it's only marketed as a replacement part, and not as an optional accessory for retrofitting, there are slightly higher chances of a loom not being present.

A Scenic owner who has this accessory installed would be able to provide a better answer than me as to where the wiring loom should be coming out,
but I have a couple of educated guesses:
1) Beneath the floor carpeting under the center passenger seat, i.e. underneath where the manual says the socket should be installed.
2) Hanging down from underneath the center seat cushion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi... I presume youve got some sort of plastic cover below the center rear seat? Remove this and if you put your hand inside you should feel a loom with your fingertips. The plugs have yellow and black wires on them. Im not saying youve got them but i have the 12 accessory fitted and thats what ive found with mine.

Hope it helps :d

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys info is most welcome .the socket is a genuine renault part no-8200232589 .i just found out it is shown in the owners handbook .:eek:.i was suprised at the reasnable price for item £18 +vat for 2 extra 12v sockets means i wont have wife n kids fighting over who gets to use front socket:d

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know what you mean... Im going to Rome soon and I need 1 to charge my daughters fone, 1 to run the fridge in the boot, 1 to power the 240v inverter which charges the netbook, 1 to charge MY fone, 1 to power the external hard drive with all my music on and 1 to run the sat nav.... Phew... More sockets than my kitchen LOL :d

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
It should be cheap! I'm quite surprised that the Scenic 2, being a family car, doesn't come with extra sockets as standard. The Lag 2 has the usual dash-mounted socket, one in the front storage box, one at the back of the centre console for rear seat passengers, and one in the boot... Although I note it only has one cupholder in the front, but two in the back :p

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
In my Laguna, I'm planning on replacing the three that are accessible from inside the cabin (center console storage box, center console rear, ashtray) with USB ports
that are capable of charging an iPad (5V, 2.1A) each.

That way, you can just plug in your iPad, or any phone or music player that charges over USB, and hey presto!
No need to faff about looking for that cigarette charger you'll never use anyway.

The one in the boot will remain untouched, as it'll be used for a cooling box or sumth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks guys info is most welcome .the socket is a genuine renault part no-8200232589 .i just found out it is shown in the owners handbook .:eek:.i was suprised at the reasnable price for item £18 +vat for 2 extra 12v sockets means i wont have wife n kids fighting over who gets to use front socket:d
Hi I what happened did you install it? What is this codes represent exactly? Does it include the base plate too?
There is only a hollow there between seats so I need a plastic base to connnect and fix the sockets..
Did it come with that base ?
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.