Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

A bit more information on your car might help generate some answers how old is it?

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Hello,

Ifs its a mark 1 phase 2 scenic put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on off but don't fire the engine about 4 times, take out the key and lock the doors with the remote key. You should hear 3 bleeps and the alarm is diss armed.

For the Mark 2 phase 1 and phase 2 scenics put the key card in the slot and press the stop / start button about 4 times in quick succession. Take out card lock doors with card and you should hear 3 bleeps.

Hope this helps.

Harry.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,268 Posts
i have a mark 1 phase 2 scenic the lights flash when i lock the car via the key-fob but have no idea if the alarm is active is there a way to test it or reactivate it if its turned off
thanks
Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
as above i am also wondering if my car is alarmed it is a 2004 scenic privalege the lights flash when locking unlocking etc but how do i no alarm is working as i have tryed to test it by leaving windows down, cliping the lock on back doors to see if the sensors pic me up they dont. i am only asking as i have just bought this car and it is still under warrenty with the shop so my have to get it fixed and help thanks and great forum only joined the other day hi..

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,268 Posts
Hello,

Ifs its a mark 1 phase 2 scenic put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on off but don't fire the engine about 4 times, take out the key and lock the doors with the remote key. You should hear 3 bleeps and the alarm is diss armed.

For the Mark 2 phase 1 and phase 2 scenics put the key card in the slot and press the stop / start button about 4 times in quick succession. Take out card lock doors with card and you should hear 3 bleeps.

Hope this helps.

Harry.
is this the same to re-arm the alarm
i still have no idea if it is on or off or if it still works on my mk1 phase2 scenic alize
when i bought the car it was listed as having an alarm but no mention of an alarm in the hand book :confused:
ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
i also have an alarm or ment to on my megane scenic 2 privlege i here no tones when arming the car and if i sit in it and lock my self in and move around the sensors do not pick me up i am wondering if they have been turned of some how. Is there a way of turning alarm back on or a test to see if it is alarmed, also there is a button to the bottom right of steering wheel i was told this is if you brake down it stops alarm going of when being towed true or false. please help some one,,:loser:

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was hoping someone could help me on this how do you rearm the alarm as mine the indicators flash but no sound and the sensors inside do nothing..
were is the alarm situated in the car so i can see if it has been olterd please help its doing my head in :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
sooooo

u said the car is under warrenty, did u take it back and ask them?

did u try locking the car, and rocking it hard, have u read the manual that come with the car telling u how to enable and disable different parts of system?

and starting your post would have been a good idea, instead of jumping on the end of someone elses

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have tryed to start a new thread but it wont let me....Mikeyjp sorry
my scenic 2 1.9dci 120 alarm does not go off but if you set it off the indicaters flash but no sound, i can guess the sirren may be at fault but were is it located?

also with the car i got a small key with a renault logo on it but the hand book does not say what it is for any idieas sorry if i have not started a new post and jumped on some one elses but it says i dont have permission any help would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Assuming the alarm for a Scenic 1 is the same as on a Meg 1, when you press the button on the ignition key, hazards flash, and the alarm arming is 1-2 beeps. To disarm (when unlocking the car) flash and beep. The door/boot open warning is beep beep beep, if you do nothing the alarm siren kicks in, hazards flash. Also, where there is a CAT1 factory fit, you have 30 secs to start the engine or it will immobilise. To remobilise, you have to (while sat in the car) lock and then unlock the car, then you can start the engine. If you are not getting the arming/disarming beep-beep, or the audible door open warning, then either you have no CAT1 fitted, or it has been disconnected/stopped working.

Karen xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.