Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, My scenic stopped starting and the dash was blank, when you put the keycard in you could here it click when you went to start but nothing else, dash was blank apart from the radio side, had posted on here for some advice but tried everything but nothing worked so went to tow it to renault today but when I got there the car was totally dead so we fiddled with the auto gear lever to put the car into neutral but then realised the handbrake was still on so decided to jump start the vehicle, what i mean by that we connected the leads in order to get enough power to just release the handbrake.
We connected the leads and hey presto the dash came alive and the car started with the box being in nuetral, we had tried this several times before whilst in park but nothing happened, then after about 20 seconds of it starting the dashboard said electrical fault and the wipers went crazy indicators flashing etc etc, we tapped the casing surrounding the gearbox and it stopped intermittently but every time we put it into park electronic fault would always come on but a lot less so in neutral, we did manage to drive it for a while with no fault but again when parking up it would say electronic fault there is some kind of white box connected to the gear lever which has some kind of coils in it seems dont know if that helps or if anyone else has come up with this problem??:think:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check it out but it only happens when its in park and when i whack the casing around the gearbox, dash lights up and car starts so im assuming it must be an electrical fault somewhere around there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.