Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just committed to buy a 2011 Scenic Bizu and just assumed that our maxi-cosi family-fix base would slot right in but according to the maxi-cosi website, they dont approve it due to the under floor storage! (which we dont even want!! :mad:)

My question is, is it safe to slot the base into the centre seat where there isnt a compartment??

Has anyone got any experience of a car seat in this car that they can recommend???

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Does your base have a support leg, I think that in a impact they may thing the draw may open and move against the support leg. I have a maxi cosi priory fix with support leg and have used it with confidence in my scenic 111, the seat is well anchored. Now my girl is 3 i will be buying the maxi cosi ferofix which does not have a support leg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Familyfix base has 2 isofix anchor points plus the support leg and I can see the logic in it not being safe where there is a chance of the leg slipping into one of the compartments but there is nothing (as far as I can see) that would mean it wasnt safe when affixed to the centre seat but the Maxi-Cosi website lists all 3 back seats as unsuitable!?!?! :confused:

Apparently the approved Renault car seat is the Britax one but it looks to be pretty much the same (ie. still has a support leg that has to rest somewhere!) as the Maxi-Cosi one and yet the Britax website says its perfectly safe - in all 3 positions!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.