Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SCENIC 1600cc Alize Auto (W reg 2000)

in fact, not well at all....

Switch seems to make the engine go faster etc depending on setting, and AC and heating does work. Only trouble is theres very little air coming out of the blowers.

Same for windscreen and footwell as well.

Checked under the bonnet and it seems to be sucking it in OK.

Any ideas ????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Blowers not working too welll.

in fact, not well at all....

Switch seems to make the engine go faster etc depending on setting, and AC and heating does work. Only trouble is theres very little air coming out of the blowers.

Same for windscreen and footwell as well.

Checked under the bonnet and it seems to be sucking it in OK.

Any ideas ????

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
HI Psycho - have you checked the pollen filter - it could be blocked - if insufficient air gets drawn past the heater fan the motor can burn out

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it now and whipped the pollen filter out (bit fiddly).

Filter doesnt look too bad but blowers work fine without so I guess its not right.

How much (and where from) are new ones? Or is it worth giving this one a wash/hoover and sticking it back in?

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Got one recently from a local motor factor for £10-00. Pollen filters are so fine they are practically impossible to clean - thay trap microscopic particles invisible to the naked eye - andi ts not only pollen they catch but also particles of carbon emmitted by traffic. I wouldn't even bother to try and clean - for the sake if a tenner why risk damaging the heater motor.:)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Got one recently from a local motor factor for £10-00. Pollen filters are so fine they are practically impossible to clean - thay trap microscopic particles invisible to the naked eye - andi ts not only pollen they catch but also particles of carbon emmitted by traffic. I wouldn't even bother to try and clean - for the sake if a tenner why risk damaging the heater motor.:)

good advice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts