Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am having trouble shutting the boot on my scenic. I have removed the U shaped catch (which moves up and down slightlY and is not always engaging with the tailgate when I shut it. This has just started happening. There are no bolts as such which keep the u shaped metal latch in place. It is held in place by a couple of plastic lugs on a brass mechanism. Any body else had a problem like this? Is the catch supposed to move?

Thanks
Mal

G

·
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Yes the boot floor catch seem to move on all the Scenic's I've seen I don't know why they do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, the boot lid lock is fine on our scenic, but its the ruddy metal catch on the boot floor/body thats the problem.
The 2 white plastic bits have gone brittle and worn, so this u shaped metal bit is now just moving where ever it wishes.
It did have some play over the years, just up and down, but has anyone got any tips or past knowledge of how to keep it in situ without the white plastic sleves it had when built?

Many thanks

Jai

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
My X reg megane was the same, those plastic round things had also broken, i went to scrappers but they wanted a tenner for the whole catch.
I ended up making some from steel on my mini lathe.
Let me know if they are the same and i'll post you a couple.
This ones a spare one. Sorry picture was with camera phone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!,

I dont suppose you've a drawing or template of the steel replacements you made for those pesky plastic washers.

My 02 Megane is suffering the same and finding replacements is driving me mad!

Thanks

Nic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.