Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys when I start my Vreg scenic it fires up ok .But after a few minuets of ticking over or driving the engine cuts out.Restarting is a nightmare.When it does start I keep the engine revs up until it is warm .then it runs pretty much ok.I've cleaned the tdc sensor but this hasn't really solved the problem.It's asif the engine is running with no choke.Help.:confused:

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

Did you check the condition of the TDC sensor connector as they can get corroded. Otherwise I wonder if you have a faulty air intake temperature sensor or a faulty idle control valve?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about the air intake sensor.I took it to a workshop on friday ,they didn't have time to look at it but they tried a computer on it and no fault came up.But the engine was hot.And no I just cleaned the tdc sensor.maybe a new one might be a good idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got this problem sorted now.After trying three garages finally got it sorted at my local auto elec center.Two sensors had gone Air intake and water temp.had the lambarda changed at another garage.In the end the problem was corrosioin in the wiring harness.Probablly paid out more than the car is worth .:crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts