Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok our lass said to me the other day that the steering had gone very hard when going round a corner, which got me worried then it did it to me the other day.

i noticed that basically the engine had cut out leaving me with no power steering. this happened when i was maybe doing 50mph, then putting the clutch in and cruising to a roundabout, as the revs dropped they just kept dropping to 5000rpm. sometimes they wil dop down, and then wobble between 5k and 10k whilst ive got the clutch down.

it did it again, in the exact same spot today.

so it seems from searching on here a few people have had the same issue and some people also mentioned a recall from renault - anyone got any joy?

it idles fine and it runs fine. its just this problem which is niggling me, and to be honest its dangerous if your halfway round a corner as you cant steer. you have to put the clutch back up straight away and bump it off in effect.

can anyone please give me advice on what to do or look for, and has anyone had the same problem had it fixed?

thanks all, after just buying my first renault this isnt what i wanted :(

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
10K RPM must be nearly 200 mph, I would look at the cheap options first and think about changing the plugs

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't believe so many posts over the years about this exact problem and no fix. I wonder if anyone whose had the problem will spot this thread. I have a long thread detailing my issue at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts