Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFTER ALL THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE HAD, I HAD JUST GOT IT TO THE POINT WHERE SHE RAN NICE, BUT AFTER TAKING THE DOG FOR A WALK I FOUND I NICE CONCRETE BOLLARD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MUDDY CAR PARK IN MY BLIND SPOT AND BANG! I MOVED FORWARD AND THE SOUND OF SCRAPPING AND ANOTHER BANG.
FRONT & REAR PASSENGERS DOORS STOVED IN AND A SPLIT IN THE WHEEL ARCH "C**P".
SO I AM NOW WAITING FOR A PHONECALL FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY.:mad:
ANY IDEAS THE VALUE OF A 97 SCENIC FORMALLY IN GOOD CONDITION!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Re: S**t thats broken it

Hi , hard to price , milage , area , condition etc. Have a look on ebay , and put in your car details , its a good way to see all price ranges per make and model , Rich:d

R

·
0 Posts
Re: S**t thats broken it

...if you're very lucky.

What did you do to get it running well. Last I read it was still rough?
:iagree: I have seen Mk1 Phase1 Scenics that look to be in relatively good condition on Gumtree for as little as £350 with T & T

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
If you mean how much should insurance pay up remember all the cheap ones probably have something wrong, you have to try for the value of one with a worthwhile guarantee that is at least as good as your one was, mind you its hard to find a scenic with everything working!
Best of luck

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
not trying to be funny here mate but if it was me i wouldnt have gone throu ins its going to cost you more in the long run than you would get for the car ie hi ins prem next time you go to ins a car plus what ever your excess is:confused:

O

·
0 Posts
:iagree:
Insurance will pay as little as possible, then sting you for higher premiums next time, as it was an own fault claim.

If you have got it running well, then i would repair it.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Sorry to say it, but £500 is pretty unrealistic. I work at a car auction, and Scénics of this age in good condition sell for around £250-£350. With the damage, it's pretty worthless -£200?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts