Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenic MkII with centre dash display (showing radio station & outside temp)- the display isn't lighting up, presumably blown bulb(s). Anyone know how to get at it?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

I'm not sure if they are bulbs or does the whole display need changing, But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to clarify the situation.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
23 Posts
take the 2 speaker covers off and remove the screws the top of the dash will lift off and you can get at the bulbs. If it aint them then its a display m8

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
If it is the current model the you need to gently lever the upper plastic with a downward movement and then draw it towards you.
The lower section can then be levered upwards and withdrawn similarly - this will then give you access to 2 screws which hold the display in place.
Dont know if it has bulbs though!!!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
If it is the current model the you need to gently lever the upper plastic with a downward movement and then draw it towards you.
The lower section can then be levered upwards and withdrawn similarly - this will then give you access to 2 screws which hold the display in place.

Hi Mickdoc,

It's the older model,

I have a terrible rattle/squeak coming from that area , I will use your technique to remove the fascia surround to see if I can rectify the problem.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for this- it is the older model, but your technique could be useful. I'll let you know if it has bulbs when I take it apart this evening!

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi had the same trouble and two small bulbs in each use a small screw driver to twist out £5 each from renault but i made four out of small bulbs in the dash youll see what i mean ...good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious, and I'm really sticking my neck out here and showing my ignorance, but - there is a small wheel with which you can control the brightness of the dash display. Have you checked to see if this has been adjusted? The brighness level might be set to its lowest and this might be causing the problem.

There is no harm in checking this and it might save you a few bob into the bargain!

Best of luck!

Barnitron.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks for all the suggestions. The dash is a doddle to remove (I was dreading it!), and the problem was both bulbs in the display unit had blown. £2.85 for the pair on internet to replace. Took longer to place the order than to remove the dash!
Sorted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just had the same problem to overcome last week

Just take the top of the sterring wheel casing off
undo the screws 3 i think!
then pop off the cover plates Chorme in my case and undo the screws there.
there are a couple more on the side of the dash too
wiggle the whole top of the dash out and in the middle theres your bulbs
hope that was explained ok !!!!
any probs give me a shout
chris

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Many thanks for all the suggestions. The dash is a doddle to remove (I was dreading it!), and the problem was both bulbs in the display unit had blown. £2.85 for the pair on internet to replace. Took longer to place the order than to remove the dash!
Sorted.
Glad you got it resolved Paul, And thanks for keeping us informed.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts