Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again so soon!!! See i said as soon as i fix a problem another arises - This Scenic is really testing my patience:steam:

Well here it is my Scenic 1997, i finally got a exterior door handle for the drivers door, as my broke months ago. Stood out in the rain me and the advice i had got from here on how to fit it, and it worked, so excited!!!!

Was happily opening my door without having to climb over passenger seat anymore, then it stopped working :( :confused:

Couldn't open from the outside or from the inside :confused: So managed to take off door panel and everything is attached, a friend tried to open it today who is mechanically minded, and he says the lock is broke!!! That the pin or spring (cant remeber what he said, sorry :eek: ) is broke, missing who knows, except i cant open my door, after the pure delight of never having to climb over to get in and know i am having to climb over to get in and out :steam:

So question really is.... how do i open my door??? i can't afford to take to garage.

Sorry i know it is long, but i have had it with this car i really have,

Thanks in advance K8te :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi sorry to hear this iam sure if you have got the panel off from the inside there is a way in which to get your hand in and around the lock area to try and release it???????

iam sure someone will help you soon all the best Donald.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Donald for replying, but no the lock will just not budge!!

I don't suppose anyone has an idea of how much this will cost to get repaired? Do you think i will have to go to a renault garage?

It is sooo annoying :devil:

Thankyou all again :)

·
Administrator
21,708 Posts
Hi K8te,

not sure on the cost but I know for sure that you wont need to go to Renault to get a new door lock fitted / repaired

My local independant garage fitted a whole new set of door locks to my last car when some lovely person :)steam: ) tried to break into my car and buggered all the locks !

Best advice is to shop around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts