Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to this site so please be kind. I have had my 06 1.5 scenic for 2 years now and have had numerous problems. The latest is with engine noise at 1000 revs and a sort of clunk when changing from 1st to 2nd gear. I should also mention that in December I had all tyres changed and the front passenger wheel fell off while driving at low speed. I am now worried if this noise is related to the work carried out at this time. Any help on this latest problem would be greatly appreciated.:(

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

I can't coment on the engine noise not having any experince of the Scenic diesel engines.

Sounds as though the tyre depot who changed the tyres is at fault for the wheel dropping off! :eek:

They can't have tightened up the wheel bolts properly?

When you hear this clunk can you feel the gear stick moving back wards and forwards? As it could be the lower engine mounting as these commonly fail across the Renault range though whether it’s as a direct cause of the wheel falling off is debatable IMO

Or you may have some suspension damage because of the accident? So might be worth getting it checked over at a garage if you don’t carry out your own repairs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks recycled scenic. The tyre dealer did pay for the repairs but the garage never gave me details of what repairs they did. I am going to go and see them again today to get a printout.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having read lots of threads about engine mount issues and does sound like what is happening to my car. Have booked it into the garage today. Can anyone advise me if it is ok to drive it there. The garage is about 7 miles away.

R

·
0 Posts
As long as it's only the bottom mount? then you should be okay as long as you try and accelerate and brake gently as that mount is there to stop the engine swinging backwards and forwards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts