Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My 02 RX4 has just had a full service and is driving great, BUT, there is quite a bit of creaking & cracking coming from the front end when i have her in full lock?, Steve, the mechanic as traced a wearing ball joint and it would appear that ,on my model this is not a standard ball joint ,but a long arm and not as the standard Scenic although it creaks quite loudly, he assures me ,that it is quite safe ,i do very minimal driving and unless i,m turning to full lock there is no noise,she performs very well. :confused:,
Regards,
Gordon.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
It sounds like you have a very honest mechanic, who has your best interests at heart.

As long as its legal (i.e. would still pass an mot), and doesn't affect the steering geometry (thus accentuating tyre wear). it sounds like its something you can just drive around, by avoiding full lock.

Many on here (who feel parts get changed unecessarily, at their expense), will probably wish they had such a resource to utilise.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pat,
Steve advised that this appears to be a different part to the standard Scenic!although he has,t stripped it. Are you saying that this part is the same as the standard Scenic?,
Regards,
Gordon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.