Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have joined the forum because I've upgraded my 2001 Scenic for a 2006 model.

It is an Oasis and has the empty space between the front seats.

We have separately bought a storage box with the arm rests and the sliding door on Ebay and I am wondering how to fit it in place.

There doesn't seem to be any way of connecting it to the existing low level plate on the car (or does this have to be removed?)and there are no lugs for bolting it to the floor.

It is bigger than the existing plastic fitting, so it looks like that has to come off.

Also, if we did fit it, how do we connect up the light inside and also allow access to the diagnostics interface connector (if needed in the future)?

Can anyone help please?

As things stand we will have to try and sell the box on again.

Apologies if this question has been asked before and I have missed it.

:confused:

O

·
0 Posts
Hi, it has been asked before and didn't end well.

It seems that the bolt holes are not there and people have resorted to drilling them which means the box doesn't slide as it should do. That means you can't access the diag port.

I think the wiring is there in some cars, not sure.

I have the box in mine already, I think kit was an option fitted when the car was new. There does seem to be a a plastic area under the box, which has the middle section taken off so you can see metal, so if you can take this off, it could help. This is where the diag port is too.

It would be a good idea to have a look at some cars with it fitted and compare with yours.

Where in Bristol are you, as I live close-ish?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are in Horfield.

From what you say, I think we won't be able to fit the box without a fair amount of hassle.

Thanks anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts