Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Going to France in a couple of weeks and just in the process of getting all the bits together that I need to be able to drive abroad....First aid kit, Warning triangle, Fire extinguisher, bulb kit etc...

However I need to sort the angle of the headlights out for continental driving.

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this without the need for sticking bits of tape on the headlight cover??

I think with some cars you can adjust them internally but I don't know if you can do this with the Scenic

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hello danny_r ... the Scenic headlamps do not have adjusters, as far as I'm aware its only the Espace IV that is adjustable, therefore you need beam adapters/deflectors to modify the beam pattern.

The legal requirements for France are :

1/ Headlamp beam deflectors
2/ GB Plate
3/ Spare bulbs for all external lighting
4/ Warning Triangle

Plus.... dont forget if you use a toll road and the police are monitoring that section of road they can calculate your average speed between tolls from your toll ticket (the entry time is printed on the ticket :( ) and you may be fined for speeding.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha Ha - speeding - in a Scenic!!?

Thanks for the quick response. I'll go and get the stickers for the lenses then!!

2 week holiday then 3 weeks of scrubbing to get the residue off the lens!!:steam:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts