Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 54 reg scenic diesel, the heater seems to work ok, not hugely hot but sufficient.
However, the fan, even on it's top setting of 4 can only just push air out of any of the vents. I've tried the recirculation flap, it moves but makes no difference. I've removed the pollen filter and replaced the cover, no difference. The car has air con, not climate control. Any ideas?
Any advice appreciated

Simon

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts

·
OJStringbob
162 Posts
Hello, If you are truggling to get air into the car wilst in heating or either cooling my imagination can only say it most probably is your fan motor or fan motor resister pack, if the fan work fine but is not getting any heat then you should check your pipes going into the cab connected to the heater matrix, check that you have hot coolent going into the heater matrix and out of the heater matrix if no heat is being circulated then the heater matrix is blocked. hope this helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, but there is heat in the heater matrix and the blower fan works fine on all four settings. It's almost as if the fan can't draw in air or the outlet is partially blocked, it WANTS to work.
On setting 4 the fans obviously working at full capacity but it's as if it's only on setting 1 from the amount of air coming out
Simon

·
OJStringbob
162 Posts
Hi again, i am just wondering if your cabin filter is inside the car infront of the evaporator coil ( aircon), if so maybe your air intake passage is blocked im sure this is underneath the window wiper compartment under a black plastic panel, owen

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean the pollen filter? accessed from inside the engine compartment? I removed this and replaced the cover. Where is the air sucked in from?

Simon

·
OJStringbob
162 Posts
The air intake is next to the front window wipers. if you take the black panel of you may find its full of laves and debris. you may have to take the window wipper arms off first to access the area, if you have a grill next to the window wiper arms then that is where your air is drawn from, its worth a shot, owen

·
OJStringbob
162 Posts
I have just realised you said inside the engine compartment so ignore the last thread, i am not shore but ile see if i can find out because this is bugging me,

·
OJStringbob
162 Posts
I dont mean to be silly but have you checked that the air is being pushed through the correct vents for example if you have set it to come out the feet vents are you shure its coming out the feet vents and not somewhere else maybe the windscreen leaving you with a lack of air in that particular vent. if this is the case then maybe the cable has come off the back of the vent control.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi simon i am having exactly the same problem taken it back to the dealer but hes not interested, come on someone must know a solution to this problem because it driving me mad!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
i also had the same problem. fan on full hardly any air coming out vents. i removed the pollen filter which is located under the passenger glove box and is held in with one screw and refitted the cover. heaters working fine now

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 54 reg scenic diesel, the heater seems to work ok, not hugely hot but sufficient.
However, the fan, even on it's top setting of 4 can only just push air out of any of the vents. I've tried the recirculation flap, it moves but makes no difference. I've removed the pollen filter and replaced the cover, no difference. The car has air con, not climate control. Any ideas?
Any advice appreciated

Simon

·
Registered
2 Posts
For anyone who has this problem and ended up here, if the above is the issue you are haveing, one thing to check is that the pollen filter is securly fotted, it needs to be airtight.

Regards

Jerome

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
i also had the same problem. fan on full hardly any air coming out vents. i removed the pollen filter which is located under the passenger glove box and is held in with one screw and refitted the cover. heaters working fine now
Glad to see it worked. Some cars do require a tight fit on the filter. On my Megane 3, the pollen filter is a loose fit with no seals, because it becomes are tight once you secure the cover in place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts