Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I really hope someone here can help me the front bottom pulley on my mk1 scenic appears to have broken! i presume looking at it i was heat shrunk together i have the outer section off the car but have the centre part still bolted to the crank. How do I get this part off of the crank I assume there must be somewhere i can lock the flywheel an inspection panel or something? and more importantly where can i get a replacement???
please help guys

Dean

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like the rubber bonding has perished and the outer part of the pulley has broken away.

What engine is in the car? I'm not familiar with the pre 1999 engines.

If your Scenic is the MK1 Phase 2 Scenic? from 1999 on then it will have the 2.0 16 valve F4R.

To remove the inner part of the auxilliary belt pulley you will need to undo the crank shaft pulley bolt. The crank shaft timing belt sprocket is behind the auxilliary belt pulley and retains it in place as the sprocket isn't keyed you will need to have a TDC setting pin and a cam shaft locking tool to set the engine timing correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what engine it is :confused: need to get pulley off but not sure how to lock the crank as its auto cant just put it in gear!

R

·
0 Posts
What age is the car?

I use an air impact wrench or remove the TDC sensor if its the F4R engine and get some one to jam a large flat blade screw driver in the starter motor ring gear.

DONT TURN THE ENGINE OVER
with the crank shaft pulley bolt loosened if it's an 2.0 F4R the timing will be lost and you will bend the valves!:eek: and you can't just do the bolt back up again and hope the engine timing will okay.

R

·
0 Posts
In which case yours will be a Mk1 Phase 1 Scenic and therfore the engine should be the 2.0 8v F3R. This thread will be of interest

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106004

So unlike the F4R 2.0 the F3R crank shaft pulley will have a woodruf key? So you should be able to undo the crank shaft pulley bolt without loosing the engine timing? I don't have any experience of the F3R engine so hopefully another memeber can confirm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts