Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - friend of mine has this Scenic, which won't hold its battery charge. Symptoms are that when left for a day or so, won't turn over fast enough to start. However, it will start as nomal if the car is locked manually by key and not locked with 'plipper' (ie so the alarm is off, but car is locked). Battery was changed earlier this year. Anyone had a similar expereince and managed to cure it. thanks?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had a very similar problem with the battery draining after a day or two with a 1.6 petrol but believe the problem can relate to both engine types. i am no mechanic but as i was advised a long time ago, there is a little sensor that sits on the camshaft housing, camshaft timing sensor, which apparently when faulty, depending on what position it is in when the engine is switched off, can draw power from the battery and hey presto, no start. Check out other threads based on this idea and you may find your answer. I bought this sensor on ebay for about £10 and fitted it in 2 minutes with a 10mm spanner. Been perfect after that. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.