Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have just had the dashboard display replaced on my 2004 Scenic.
I now find that the radio doesn't start automatically any more (I have to press the ON button), but even more annoying is that it won't turn off after the engine is stopped, key removed and door opened.
I don't have any manuals for the radio itself (standard radio/ CD player), so is there something that I can reset, or is it down to the Renault garage who replaced the display?
Thanks.

O

·
0 Posts
It's usually a wire at the back of the unit that needs to be swapped over, but as it's ISO connectors that shouldn't have changed.

Take it back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For information, I've just managed a return to the Renault dealers, and all is back to normal.
It wasn't just the radio I had the issue with, as on a frosty morning in the week I also noticed the heated rear window didn't work, and later on the washers.
Apparently there was a fuse 'missing' causing all those issues.
Just a little bit odd that one fuse could cause all those, and that it had managed to remove itself from its location...

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you can turn it on & off on the unit button it maybe as simple as a fuse blown! check if the cigar lighter works if not check the fuses.
Hope this helps. gwad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2003 Scenic. It may seem strange but the cigarette lighter also didi not work. After checking out the fuses and replacing a faulty one, 30A(blue), the lighter works and the radio is bahaving normally. Don't know if in checking all the fuses there may have been one that wasn't seated properly.....give it a try

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guy's, has the same sort of problem in that i have the code to input but but the radio display just says CODE and does not change to 0000. Not sure what to do so any help would be great..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts