Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to these forums but just bought a second hand Renault Megane Scenic II 1.9 RXE DTi about a month ago now. Alls been fine with it but last week it started to display the ABS and SERV light constantly on the dashboard, advice in the manual is contact your Renault Local Dealership but tbh I'm not a big fan of dealers and would always try to recify problems myself.

I've searched on the forum and seen various post about ABS but nothing concrete for this particular issue. Is there a chance this is just a loose connector somewhere if so can someone direct me to where I should look?

Thanks in advance.

Lankymart

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As CM says,check the sensors and rings for damage or dirt and check the connections are good.If all seems well,then you need to either take the car to a good independant garage where they can read the fault codes(no need to take it to a Renault Dealer!),or if you have a mulitmeter and are confident using it,you can do a resistance check accross each sensor in turn and that will show the faulty one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a look under the vehicle at the weekend and it appears the regulator ring (castellated ring) is spilt and dangling off the hub, I went into my local Renault Service Centre and they said that even though it is just a split regulator ring they will have to put a Renault Drive Shaft Kit on, that's the Boot the CVJ and the arm that connects to the gearbox (£200 +).

Surely they could just fit another ring on the drive shaft hub?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I don't think the rings are available seperately,unfortunately.

You'll be better advised to source a second hand driveshaft or an aftermarket new one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a look under the vehicle at the weekend and it appears the regulator ring (castellated ring) is spilt and dangling off the hub, I went into my local Renault Service Centre and they said that even though it is just a split regulator ring they will have to put a Renault Drive Shaft Kit on, that's the Boot the CVJ and the arm that connects to the gearbox (£200 +).

Surely they could just fit another ring on the drive shaft hub?
Ive got hte same problem with my scenic at the moment, my brother as had a look and the ring is split, did you get yours sorted and how, ive been quoted £98 for the part but have to add labour and vat on as well, did you get it done yourself and was it easy, this car just seems to want me to spend my money but fortunatley i have a brother who is always willing to take a look at prolblems with my car and fixes it for a price of a pint:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im looking into to this problem because I have an abs problem to. The lights are on when i start the car but they go off when i drive a short distance(around 30 meters).

Where can i find the rings?? Are they in the wheel ??

thanks,
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts