Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenic II.

Faint but persistent and very annoying rattle from inside driver's door. Had this on both front doors if previous Grand Scenic but never resolved. Now it's happening on current car. Difficult to pinpoint exact source but seems to be below the area where older cars would have a door lock/unlock button.

Any clues?

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
could be loose window guide rails, door lock mechanism loose, door release cable vibrating against door. best way would be to remove the inner door card, and drive down road listen for the noise. should be louder without the door card on. other way is to bang the door frame all around and listen for the noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funnily enough I had the door card out to fit a new window regulator and could still hear the noise whilst driving with the door card removed; although it seemed fainter(?) but I couldn't pin point it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having similar rattling noise from both front doors on my Grand Scenic 2013 1.5 dCi Bose Dynamique.
This happens only at low speeds of up to 30 mph. I have had this problem from new and have taken the car to the dealer several times, but the problem has not been solved. The dealers think the problem is caused by the door panels, and they have replaced the front passenger door panel, twice!! but things have not changed. Have you managed to solve your problem uk_geezer, since? Or can anybody help?

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I had a door rattle which I narrowed down to the exterior door trim. (The plastic strip that runs the length of the door). Mine had slid backwards a little so wasn't snugly secured against the door causing the rattle. It didn't take long to come back after sliding it forward again (only about 2mm). so I removed the whole strip and put some thin sticky back foam around the edge and put it back on. Been quiet as a mouse since.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Did you find a solution? It's good to let other forum members know how your getting on in case they have the same fault. :d

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't, yet! The doors keep rattling and I'm very annoyed, even if the car is superb in every other case. I hope somebody can help me find a solution.... Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey! I know this is a old one but if you remember. Did the Rattle only happen when the window was closed? Because I hear a rattle as if the ?glass? would keep hitting something a little. But if you slide the window down like ~30% it almost disappears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to help anyone searching for this rattle as explained above, it is highly likely to be the small plastic plug which sits in the exterior door handle recess. These little covers are hard plastic and almost always develop a rattle as the Scenic ages. I’ve owned three and all had the same rattles develop.

The great thing is it’s easily fixed. Use a plastic panel tool to prize it off from outside the door and either put a small coat of sealant or glue or use plumbers PTFE/Teflon tape and wrap a few layers around the bit which clips it into the hole in the door. Push it back on and rattle fixed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my case small plastic shields under door handle outside. Very annoying rattle when drive over 50 km/h. In front door. Renault Scenic II 2005.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts