Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how to get into the wiring of the light and power point in the centre console, mine appears to have a loose wire, both the light and power outlet are dead, and the switch for the light is loose.Ive found two screws , one on each side under the rear arm rests, difficuilt to get at!! and three screws on either side of the "box"I take it I need to slide the "cover" off the black interior to get at the wiring ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi yes this sounds right once the screw are out it should just pull away good luck and keep us post to what the problem was,is ,all the best Donald

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
When I fitted the Renault aftermarket console to mine, there was a large multiplug underneath the mounting point. I would guess it's just loosened itself off a bit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gonesenile, ive managed to check the multiplug It appears the fault is behind the powerpoint so i need to slide the casing off the internal box, if you see what I mean:eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two screws either side at the top(under the arm rest hindges) three screws either side at the bottom the whole unit lifts off the slides, the black "insert" pulls out from the caseing disconnect the multi plug. the handle at the top is just two plastic covers which are easily pulled apart revealing the metal circuit board. The power point on mine did not fit into the board properly , its just a spade connector. Unforrtunatly the light switch is very flimsy I found two brass connectors underneath the unit this was probably why the light was not working:(

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Hopefully it's just a small soldering job to sort things out ;)

Good luck with the repiar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't find my way into a new thread so here goes. Got a renault scenic 2 2007. Have just noticed a switch under the hinge end of the split centre arm rest. It appears to operate a motor of some sort but nothing happens. Can anyone out there shed some light please?:loser:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi
If its the same as mine,when you press this button,it releases a solenoid and you are able to slide the whole armrest unit forwards and backwards,release the button again and it locks in this position.
Let me know if this works for you?
Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts