Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2003 Renault Scenic II interior fan is only working on stage 1.

When I bought the car 6-months ago it was only working on stages 2 and 4, one day this then became 2 and 3, then later became 1 and 3, and now it has finally settled down to only working on stage 1 and has remained this way for the last few months.

I have read threads on removing parts of the dash to replace the resistor pack, but not sure this is the cause of the problem as the fan is not working on stage 4 - full speed (my old Citroen Xsara used to stop working on all but full speed and replacing the resistor pack used to solve the problem, although I have gathered this was a much simpler job than in the Scenic!!).

Has anyone had similar issues or does anyone know if the problem is definitely the resistor pack before I try and replace it?

P.S. This is my first post on RenaultForums (although I’ve cured many previous problems by reading threads on here) so if I've posted this in the wrong place I apologise,

Hope someone can help.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dave,
this is the same problem my dad had with his mk1 scenic,

and it turned out to be the resistor,which we had repaired , and all was well again.

hopefully it's the same with yours???

not that bad of a job..me and the old man didnt have a haynes manual ,but still managed to do it all in under 1 hr.
hope you get it sorted

Pat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dave,
this is the same problem my dad had with his mk1 scenic,

and it turned out to be the resistor,which we had repaired , and all was well again.

hopefully it's the same with yours???

not that bad of a job..me and the old man didnt have a haynes manual ,but still managed to do it all in under 1 hr.
hope you get it sorted

Pat.
I have a similar problem on my II, the position 4 stopped working, but as the rest were working well, I just used them. Now position 1 has stopped. I think that 2 and 3 are working well below what they used to. What can I do? Have not got a Haynes, would this help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.