Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on what they think may be wrong with my car. When i go over speed bumps i can hear a sort of whoosh/creaking noise sounds as though its coming from drivers side front suspension area hard to tell really if i go really slow you cant hear it but if say i go over at 4 or 5 mph as usual i can hear it with the stereo off.

Any ideas. It is still under warrenty, would our friendly Renault dealer (cough cough) deal with this as a warrenty job?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Sounds like a creaking suspension strut or mounting.

Renault should definately have a look at it under warranty if nothing else,and if they find anything faulty then it should be replaced.

Let us know how you get on.:)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that i love the car to bits but there is a just a few little niggles about it (i know all cars a quirky) i have another thread about the MPG running too which is spoiling my enjoyment of the car. Will ring Renault and ge it booked it. Just awkward as they charge £10 for a courtesy car other wise i have to start taking in insurance paperwork for blah blah blah think they just like to make it hard work to get a car for the day.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last time when it went it (front pass window reg) i asked for a car they said £9.60 so i took a £10 note as i dont usually carry cash and they then told me it was £11.28 as they was VAT on top which annoyed me luckily i had my cards on me so paid up. I had to take drivers licence both parts - far enough make sure i am me and i can drive. A copy of my insurance paperwork and an MOT cert if i had one. Or i could inform my insurance company and get a certificate of insurance with there hire car details on but i would then have to swop it all back plus it would take insurance company 3-4 days to send out sounds like a lot of hassle to me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts