Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to lock and unlock my Scenic is becoming increasingly difficult. It is the keyless entry and sometimes it works fine. Other times, no matter which card I use, the car just does not seem to recognise the card. Even pressing the lock/unlock buttons on the cards do nothing for it!

It is totally intermittent problem, sometimes as I say it works fine, other times I put the card in the reader and the display still says "Card not detected".

Car going in for its 36k service on Tues, and it has 3 months warranty left.

Is this a warranty issue, is it a problem with the car or the cards?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Not sure is this a card fault or a car fault, It does not need fresh batteries to read the card when slotted in reader, This will be still covered under your warranty, so make sure you put it in writing when you hand it over for your Service then if it is not resolved when out of warranty you should still have cover for an extended period of time.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I have been having the same problem for a while now, car is just about 1 year old. It is recommended the batteries are changed every 2 years. I must admit I have become used to having to fart about opening the doors and maybe complacent about it. Please keep us informed as to what the problem might be and if the dealer manages to correct it.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
i have never had any problems with my Handsfree, A passenger door handle had to be changed but that was sometime after it was knocked in an accident, other than that no problems. I know some people have had lots of probs with the handsfree but not me .

I would have mentioned this when you had it in for service Tellboy1949, Your slipping ...

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Yeah should have done that Otto, trouble is memory is not what it was, I had my mind on other things.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car was in for service today and they said all it needed was new batteries for the cards! They put them in and it seems to be working well now. I had put a new battery into one of them to try it out previously and it hadn't made any difference! Strange?

But its working now and thats the main thing!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi Scenicman, glad to hear it seams to be fixed, just keep an eye on it though as my dad had the same problem with his and apparently it was the key card, according to renault in Birkenhead the key had been fryed somehow by the card slot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having problems with my Keyless entry as well (Grand Scenic 2004).
For a long time I was unable to lock the doors with the buttons on the rear doors. They worked fine with the front door buttons. Opening was always possible by placing hand on the handle.
Now on the left side of the car I could not open it with hand (neither front nor rear door opening works). I can lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the the key, and it is not a problem to start the car when the key is inside, so I assume it is not they keys (as I already have tried the other key of course)
Any suggestion whether the doors have a separate receiver/sensor to detect the keys, or what the problem or root cause could be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts