Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[FONT=&quot]Hello! First of all, sorry for my English :eek:
Removing the bumper: The process was much simpler than seemed at first glance. Unscrew at 30 degrees plastic rivets (6 pcs.) on front grill, so that the cap would be raised a bit, then gently pulling rivets.
[/FONT] Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Car
Vehicle door Auto part Automotive exterior Windshield Glass
[FONT=&quot]
Unscrew the bolt in the middle (marked box on the first photo
[/FONT] Auto part Hand Wheel Metal

[FONT=&quot]The 7mm socket, unscrew 2 bolts under the wheel arches on both sides.[/FONT]
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Auto part Automotive wheel system
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part Wheel
Pipe Metal

[FONT=&quot]The 10mm socket, unscrew 3 bolts holding the lower bumper and the protective cover the engine compartment. [/FONT]
Wood Vehicle Automotive wheel system Wheel Automotive tire
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Trunk

[FONT=&quot]Easy movements hands catch the bumper at the joint with the front wing on both sides.[/FONT]
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle door Vehicle
Vehicle door Windshield Automotive exterior Glass Automotive window part
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle door Tire

[FONT=&quot]Under the head-light unit on the left and right sides, neatly that it had not damage the paint, catch a screwdriver "tongue" holding the bumper.[/FONT]
Headlamp Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Bumper Auto part

[FONT=&quot]A maximum of 10 minutes, and the bumper removed.
[/FONT] Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

[FONT=&quot]In the same time I decided to replace the horn, because [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of the pathetic "beep" you get from him :d[/FONT]
Automotive exterior Metal
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car

[FONT=&quot]Installing fog-lights:[/FONT]
Technology Electronic device Automotive lighting Bicycle part Vehicle
Auto part Font Technology Electronic device Engine

[FONT=&quot]From inside the bumper, take off the plastic caps, 2 bolts on each.
[/FONT] Motor vehicle Auto part Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper
Auto part Vehicle brake
Auto part

[FONT=&quot]Set the fog, new bolts from the installation kit I never used, skrewed back the old ones.
[/FONT] Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Wheel Brake

[FONT=&quot]Connecting plugs and fix the wiring in the designated place for it. [/FONT]
Auto part Tire Wheel Automotive wheel system Automotive tire
Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake Automotive tire
Auto part Suspension Automotive wheel system Wheel Suspension part
Automotive exterior Metal Bumper Hand Auto part
Iron Automotive exterior Metal Bumper Furniture

[FONT=&quot]At the end of performing the removal procedure bumper in the reverse direction. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Job done![/FONT]
Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Grille Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Black

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
a very helpful post for the removal of the front bumper

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Nice thread and don't worry about you English because a) it is pretty good anyway and b) a picture tells a thousand words!

How did you go about the switch for the fog lights? I assume it was missing as the car didn't come with them from the factory?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excellent post, used it as a reference to get to the O/S headlight, got smashed whilst driving on the motorway, I'm sure somebody dropped something out of their car.

Saved me the expense of a mechanic. Again, excellent.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
An excellently descriptive post. Although, personally - I'd have attempted to reach the area for locating the foglights from underneath, rather than removing the entire front end.

Full marks for effort though!

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent post really useful ... I had a brick fall off a skip lorry and it pushed the fog light back breaking the bracket. But with this post, a bit of wire to take the place of the broken bracket and 30 minutes start to finish I had it fixed! Delighted... THANKS!!:d

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks great post - helped me replace the grey plastic bumper insert...I found it a bit tricky to get off from the outside, no problem once the bumper was off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What an excellent post. We recently had an argument with a Wood Pigeon, and it became trapped behind the bottom grill and to free it (it was still alive) I had to remove the rest of the grill by destroying what was left. Having obtained a new grill your description meant that I could replace it in under an hour. Your excellent pictures made it so easy. It also answers the question of how to replace a fog lamp bulb.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts