Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- We have a `57 Dynamic and last week suffered a flat tyre when the wife was driving the car.The tyre was destroyed as she never felt the car behaving in a "different manner" so she kept on driving, hence the ruined tyre. I asked her if there was any warning messages displayed on the dash and was told no. So one new trye later i decided to look into this. The handbook does not say that this system is model specific so should our car have this feature ?? There was new tyres fitted prior to purchase five months ago and they have the "normal" type of valves. So my thinking is that the tyres were replaced, monitors binned and the system disabled by the dealer.

Any thoughts on the above and is it worth me going back to the Renault dealer to ask questions ??

Cheers in advance -- Kenny.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply -- Seems that the equipment fitted to the Scenic Dynamic around that time was a bit hit + miss. I thought that all Dynamic models had auto lights + wipers and TP monitors as well as an auto dim rear view mirror but obviously not.

Ah well , you live and learn.

Kenny

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I have the tyre pressure sensors in my car but they have been disabled so that I don't have to worry about getting special sensors fitted to the valves but that means that I have to check the tyre pressure myself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts