Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a palava, bloody Renaults :crazy:

Anyway, needed to sort a problem with the Towbar electrics and I blew a fuse as suddenly the offside rear light bulb, front sidelight and both number plate bulbs wouldn't turn on. Traced these on the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual and sussed it had to be a fuse.

So, on with the work.

First open the bonnet and find the fuse box, which is that sort of triangular thing on the upper right, beside the battery.

Closer inspection of the cover reveals that you will need the hands of a midget to access it....

...assuming you can find the clips holding it on:eek:

A look in the Haynes manual indicates that there is a clip low down between it and the battery!

So next step appears to be to remove the battery cover as shown.
First remove the two 10mm bolts at the rear.....

..then there should be a plastic panel clip at the front....... mine's missing so I'll need to get another...

....then on the other corner there's a metal clip, you need to just pull directly up and the plastic of the battery cover will come out.

And there's the battery cover off.

Now we can see the clip that would be literally impossible to get to without the cover removed. It turns out to be the only clip too :rant: why on earth they couldn't have put a simple clip on the top I have no idea.

I used a long handled medium flat blade screwdriver to undo the clip while pulling up the cover.....

....and off it came simply.
There is what I assumed to be a diagram of the fuses on the underside but it didn't even line up with the fuses I could see so I didn't rely on it at all. I knew that the fuse that had gone was a 7.5A one so looked for 2 beside each other.

Now, this is where I knew they would be blade fuses, but of course the one I want to change is a mini version, ie not the standard size, so that's a pain as I know I don't have any that size.

However, before any of that, I need to get my fat hands past that wiring and get at the fuses to be sure it's actually blown. So, you could use a pair of long nose pliers, but I couldn't be bothered to get them from the shed, so I went into the glovebox to find the other fuse box. Simply undo the 2 clips and....

...drop the fuse box down. See the little orange thing? That's a fuse holding tool, simply slip if off the holder and use that for pulling the fuse out.

And there's the culprit :cool:

After a quick trip to the local motor factors, here's the solution, mind you would have been nice if they had just the 7.5A in stock but there you go, had to buy a multipack but better than giving Halfords my money.

Refitting is the reverse of removal etc and when you're putting the covers back on please make sure you don't trap any of the wires or cables as it's all very tight under that bonnet!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:d

Serves the purpose of a rant as well as an idiot's guide to removing the fuse box lid as it certainly stumped me initially :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone have a fuse box diagram for this fuse box please?:

Driver sides (RH) electric window stopped working, I want to check the fuse for it, but access to the fuses inside the fuse box above the glove compartment is very difficult, so it would be easier if I knew which fuse I should be checking... thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update: found the fusebox diagram on the Internet, checked the fuses (two white fuses, 25A, in the centre part) and they are both OK. Problem finally solved by resetting the electric windows (lift switch and pull up and hold for three seconds). Phew. The winding mechanism is over £200 excluding, labour :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
@markjay or any other member. If you could let me have a copy of the fuse locations it would be greatly appreciated, in particular i am looking for the rear window fuse on that board. Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you pull the fuse box down a bit, you will notice that there is a sticker in there showing the fuse layouts

You would need to push the the things on each side inwards a bit. This will allow the box to flop down a bit more....

The Rear Window fuse is the top center 40a (orange) fuse directly above the two white 25a ones for the front windows.

Its a single 40a fuse that handles both rear windows.

renault scenic fusebox.jpg

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I have no covers on anything,why do these things go missing?
Bought a second hand engine cover but the washer bottle, battery is missing
Bizzare :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks for this! but still having a nightmare.
In my Scenic II 1.6 auto privilege, under the fuse box cover, but above the fuses, theres an ecu/control box. I cant work out how to get to the fuses under it.
as always, on top of the palaver... it's another palaver!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts