Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Scenic 2000. I want to remove the mirror cover to repaint it because all lacquer has come off. Anyone know how to remove it please?

R

·
0 Posts
Sorry I don't know how to remove the mirror covers. Though Im not quite sure which model you mean? If it's a year 2000 Senic then it's a Mk 1 Phase 2 or is it a 2000cc Scenic II ?

In know the Forum Scenic selection list is wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I don't know how to remove the mirror covers. Though Im not quite sure which model you mean? If it's a year 2000 Senic then it's a Mk 1 Phase 2 or is it a 2000cc Scenic II ?

In know the Forum Scenic selection list is wrong.
Sorry its a 2000 year. Mk1 Phase II.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was a little brave and investigated myself, I thought I may have had to remove the mirror glass to access the cover, but the cover is held on with 4 clips.

The clips are toward the middle, so I took 2 stanley blades and prised it off carefully from the outside. The paintwork did not chip (not that it made a difference to me).

Ive managed to get a nice paint job done after the lacquer started to peel. Easy fix, quick rub down, 3 coats of paint and 3 coats of lacquer got a pleasing result.

R

·
0 Posts
What colour is the car? I have a lime green Scenic which has the laquer lifting off on the bonnet :mad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine car is red. The lacquer had been just fine, then I pressure washed my car and BINGO, lacquer peeling!

Tough break having it on the bonnet, its the worst possible place, right in view....

If it looks that bad maybe try looking on Ebay for a replacement bonnet? You may get lucky and find a perfect colour match. They are not that expensive either, some go for as little as £20.

My boot lid was in quite poor condition a while back after a neighbours kid put a 2ft scratch on it with handlebars of his bike, I managed to find a complete boot lid for £18 on Fleabay local to myself too.. Repair centre wanted £80 to spray my boot lid, plus I have lots of parts in my garage...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts