Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

since a few days I'm trying to fix my Scenic 1.5 dci 110 PS, 2010. Because of lower temperatures outside the engine start takes a long time and it doesn't start easy.

- battery is new
- fuel system checked => new filter
- 2 new ignition candles

Computer is showing following errors:

DTC 038013
DTC 164111
DTC 164211
DTC 164311

it's connected with preheating relay, but relay is also new. It number: 8200558438-A NEGARES 12V RCS/8-12

could anyone hel and say what more could be wrong?

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
What is the ambient temperature at the time of a cold start?

Forget the fault codes. Start by doing some physical checks. Using a multimeter check if the glow-plugs are getting 12 volts or more when the ignition is switched on plus measure for how many seconds the 12 volt supply lasts before dropping off.

Does the fuel system have a rubber primer bulb - if so try squeezing it a few times or so before a cold start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the tips.
I did some checkings and found there is are 12volts on glow plugs, moreover there iare no 12 volts on preheating relays :((
is there any fuse which could cause the problem? where to look for it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some checkings and found, there is no power (0 volts) on glow plugs, moreover the is no power on relays managing those glow plugs.
is there any fuze before the relays? where to look at it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally I solved the issue. I have found a fuse which was also without power, next I found that power supply cable was unplugged. It seams some during previous repairs forgot to plug it in. uff, good it was just it.

thank you for the tips and support. my case is solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
finally I solved the issue. I have found a fuse which was also without power, next I found that power supply cable was unplugged. It seams some during previous repairs forgot to plug it in. uff, good it was just it.

thank you for the tips and support. my case is solved.
hi,

sounds like mine has the same issue, ive just had my glowplugs changed and its made no difference. can you identify which fuse you found ?

many thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Master from 2011.
Falt code 038013 - Diagnosis connector, preheater - open circuit.
New plugs - changed relay - found NO faulty fuses.
The plugs only have 5,something Volts at all times.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,841 Posts
I have a Master from 2011.
Falt code 038013 - Diagnosis connector, preheater - open circuit.
New plugs - changed relay - found NO faulty fuses.
The plugs only have 5,something Volts at all times.
Plugs voltage may be right, some are only 7v these days, compare to what came out.
5v may also be what your meter is reading as the low voltage, micro current that Renault use to check glow plug circuit, it is on all times and confuses many meters.

I'm not familiar with that fault code but are you sure it is glow plug error.
Could possibly be Thermoplungers in the coolant circuit...if your vehicle has them fitted?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts