Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this and looking for some help. Had my 10 plate scenic 3 for a few months. Getting the 2 rear seatbelts fastened message on dashboard. Any ideas on how to solve this problem. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Sounds like the micro-switches in the seat buckles may have gone faulty but it is rare for both belts to fail at the same time so it may be a wiring fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. There was only the middle belt giving bother to start with, now the drivers side has joined in. Can these micro switches be replaced or disconnected at all.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Usually you only get a seatbelt warning light on the dash when someone has not fastened their seatbelt. For instance when no one is sitting in the seat no warning appears. I don't know the set-up on your exact model but it could be faulty seat sensors rather than the belt mechanism. If that is the case then I would suspect a wiring problem.

Have you tried getting someone to sit on the other seats to see what happens?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm only getting the 2 rear seatbelts fastened message on dashboard. Tried them all separately, when you put the passenger side one in it changes to 3 then back to 2 when it's unclicked. The other 2 don't change the message so these two are the faulty ones. If I take the seats completely out then the message is cleared from the dash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just got my Scenic and have one seat belt showing fastened - drivers side passenger. Interesting re: micro switches and also disconnection.

Are the switches always shut or open? i.e when the belt fastening is put in does it open the circuit or close it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts