Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody - apologies for this post as there are probably loads already like it but can't quite get the search right...:confused:

I am taking possession of a 2002 Scenic Dynamique + DCi on Saturday and it only has one key. Do I have to go to a Renault dealer with the V5 (when I get it back from Swansea) to get another or are there other places that I can get one? I would like another remote one if they don't cost the earth!

Also, can anybody tell me what model immobiliser is fitted as standard so that I can pass on to the insurance company?

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
The first question to ask yourself is this.

Who has the other key?:eek:

I personally would negotiate a reduction in price to allow for having the missing key de-programmed and for the cost of a replacement which could cost up to £200.

The vehicle has an immobilser system as standard and all insurers are aware of such so there is no need to inform them in that respect.

When declaring to the insurers all you need to do is state the vehicle is as when manufactured unless you know differently.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first question to ask yourself is this.

Who has the other key?:eek:

I personally would negotiate a reduction in price to allow for having the missing key de-programmed and for the cost of a replacement which could cost up to £200.

The vehicle has an immobilser system as standard and all insurers are aware of such so there is no need to inform them in that respect.

When declaring to the insurers all you need to do is state the vehicle is as when manufactured unless you know differently.:)
The car is coming to me from a small dealer who bought it from an auction so the key probably got lost years ago.

I'm trying to find out about the immobiliser just in case it is one that I can get a discount for.

Some chance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts