Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to use certain Laguna or Megane parts on my 98 Megane Scenic.
I need some rear drums but none of my local breakers have any scenics but they do have Laguna's and Meganes.
Also things like clutches,ball joints etc,would they fit?
The reason I ask is because when I have had reciepts from part factors they show on the print out the other vehicles that they fit and these two usually come up?

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Hi Blue,

No doubt quite a number of parts are interchangeable due to the economy's of scale, Which ones I could not say.

Best option if you can take the old part with you to the breakers and compare them .

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
1,200 Posts
I wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to use certain Laguna or Megane parts on my 98 Megane Scenic.
I need some rear drums but none of my local breakers have any scenics but they do have Laguna's and Meganes.
Also things like clutches,ball joints etc,would they fit?
The reason I ask is because when I have had reciepts from part factors they show on the print out the other vehicles that they fit and these two usually come up?

Hi blue eyes , there will always be "parts bin" crossover, but major components suspension axles etc is unlikely as the Scenic 1 was based on the R19 platform and the Laguna 1 was based on the R21 platform ... not sure with out some serious part book searching you could easily check.

Hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
24,248 Posts
Hi Blueyes - do it the easy way contact a renault dealer and ask for the part numbers - that way you can verify interchangeability.:)

·
Premium Member
23,003 Posts
There will be little in the way of usable parts from a Laguna,but the Megane is identical mechanically,so that will be a better bet.:)

The drums might be the same for many other Renaults,but as mentioned before,if you take the old ones with you,you can match them up.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts