61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
mmmm, not sure on the bleeping....I would ask the dealer why this is happening

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Well, my handbrake gave up the ghost this morning. It point blank refused to release. The error message flashed up on the dash and the red light flashed on and off on the small handbrake lever on the dash too.
Had to pull the release "T" bar in the boot to get the car moving. The module under the car made no sound at all like it usually does.
It had been reprogrammed before the MOT earlier this year and had started acting up shortly after. Ah well, need to go phone the dalership now and see what the cost is gonna be :mad:

Update ........ £420+VAT for the part alone !!

O

·
0 Posts
It bleeps when you open a door to warn you in case you forget the HB has been manually left off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recall notice

ATTENTION ALL.
RENAULT SCENIC II
Hi guys,Thought i would share this with you.I read on another forum that renault have released a recall notice via the dvla for scenic II"s.Its for a software upgrade for the electronic parkbrake.Its free,you just book it in with the dealer and they have it for about an hour.Gotta be worth a call to the renault helpline hasnt it.Done a lot of research on these babys,great cars,but they do have a few faults.The dashboard(lights out)and windows failing are also req faults.Dashboard is £100 to fix and windows,whatever the fault main dealer will pay 75% of the bill.Should all be free really but there you go.Make sure you mention this when you take car in,i wonder if they will mention it if you dont.(dash is an expensive repair,window is £375,i know both of these 1st hand)Hope these little snippets help guys.:d

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Re: Recall notice

Thanks for the heads-up Joneboy.

This info., has been kicking around this forum for the best part of a year or so but your post may be a timely reminder all the same.

Ah that's why I like this forum always ahead of the rest.:d

·
Registered
5 Posts

Old news.
Old news it may be Andy,but having recently bought car I. Like other owners I have spoken too did not
Know this.My experience with main dealer has been that they don't want to offer up this info so if me reposting this saves one person some cash then it has been worth it.I'm also new on this forum,today in fact and I'm only trying to be of help..

O

·
0 Posts

ATTENTION ALL.
RENAULT SCENIC II
Hi guys,Thought i would share this with you.I read on another forum that renault have released a recall notice via the dvla for scenic II"s.Its for a software upgrade for the electronic parkbrake.Its free,you just book it in with the dealer and they have it for about an hour.Gotta be worth a call to the renault helpline hasnt it.Done a lot of research on these babys,great cars,but they do have a few faults.

Welcome.
Not sure about the other forum that you mention, but if it has just been reported there, I would stay with this one.:d

Good that you've done your research on these babies, but I suspect that you didn't do enough as you still bought one and think that letting Renault fiddle with your software when it isn't broken is a good idea?:eek:

Bold and large type can be annoying just so you know.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts

wow that really told me didnt it.having spent approx half a day on this forum all i have come accros is negative people with negative attitudes.I mearly pointed out i had just seen someone else posting elsewhere about this fault.I bought the car with known faults for a decent price,i took a chance because the rest of the car is outstanding.I really cant fault it.if i payed full whack for the repairs,id still have paid much less than the car is worth.In these times when money is tight i thought this was a pretty smart idea.According to you this is not the case.With regards to the parking brake fault,when the dash did work,it showed up a parking brake fault.It was rectified by martins renault in andover who put it on there diagnostic machine then updating the software,Its fixed so i dont get what your point is.Lastly with regards to the bold type.To all that use this forum im sorry if my use of large type has offended you.I think i will return to other sites/forums i have used where i have not experienced the attitudes shown to new users like myself.I thought i was being both polite and helpfull.I stand corrected.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts

I'm very sorry you have experienced such negative comments so far,by and large our members are helpful and polite.

Unfortunately all of the faults you have posted on are well known and are well documented on the forum already,having said that it's always worth while keeping them highlighted.:)

O

·
0 Posts
joneboy36
No intention to offend, but the recall is well covered and the members that have had the HB fail AFTER Renault have updated the SW are plentiful, so that is my point. You also posted your findings at the end of a very old post about exactly the same subject.

Posting it as a new thread may have highlighted it more as a reminder.

Reading back through the posts, mine included, I can see that we do appear less than encouraging.:eek:

If you read 99% of the other posts by members on the forum, even by those that have answered you here, I'm sure you will be more encouraged to post again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got mine done and it dooesn't even have an automatic parking brake

Took my 2008 Grand Scenic to the Renault dealer for a scheduled service last September. They kept it there all day for a recall to "reprogram the computer for the parking brake".

Which is odd because it does not have an automatic parking brake.

But they were doing something to it because I left something in the car and went back to get it, and the car was running and plugged in to the electronics alright.

O

·
0 Posts
Re: Got mine done and it dooesn't even have an automatic parking brake

Which is odd because it does not have an automatic parking brake.
Really? I thought all MkIIs had them apart from some French models judging by the owners handbook, which shows some with a handbrake between the seats?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I took my scenic for this stupid recall on the 8th April and then within 3 weeks, the parking brake warning came up on the dashboard. And the brakes dont engage or disengage as quickly as they used to (about 5sec delay). On calling up All electric who did the recall they say they will look at it. I assume ( i am probably stupid) that they will do this without charge as I specifically said do not do anything that will incur a charge without calling me. The receptionist person says that is fine. However, as i should have expected the fault is not their fault even though the fault is in the software!!! and I have to pay £60 even to pick up the car or £650 to repair it.

If this is happening to other people, how is it possible that it is a coincidence?!!!!! Can we not gang together and go to watchdog or something!!!!!! It cant be right that they get away with it?:mad:

So very annoyed at the moment!!!! Has anyone figured out a cheaper way to fix the issue?

O

·
0 Posts
However, as i should have expected the fault is not their fault even though the fault is in the software!!! and I have to pay £60 even to pick up the car or £650 to repair it.
Bit confused by this bit, why should you have expected it?

It does seem to be a common fault that happens once it has been in for the recall, so I'd say that there is a case for taking it further.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've a 2004 1.9Dci Scenic and also suffering form the 'Service' 'Check parking Brake' warning light.

The car was recalled last August, but the message appeared around December. I had it reset at local garage but it came back within days. He couldn't find any faults and it's passed it's MOT since.

When he first cleared the codes he got:

225 - Battery Under voltage
140 - Vehicle moved with maximum parking brake applied
245 - Multiplex protection switching unit conneciton fault.

The cars just been back in the garage this week for a new clutch :mad: Renault quoted £1,723 but my non-dealer garage did it for £1011 (Still gutted). Only he's been unable to reset the hand brake warning light this time and suggested to take it to Renault. But knowing they'll sting me £60 to hook it up and probably find a £600 part that needs replacing, I think I'll just live with the warning light.

O

·
0 Posts
The cars just been back in the garage this week for a new clutch :mad: Renault quoted £1,723 but my non-dealer garage did it for £1011 (Still gutted).
£1011:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Diesels must be harder to do then, as I had a quote of £540 to do the clutch on my petrol Scenic and I though that was bad enough!

61 - 80 of 104 Posts