Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I wonder if any one can help me re a slight miss I have with my 1.6 16v Scenic? It all started about a week ago after a relatively short journey (approx 10miles), the car had been parked for about 10mins, when i came back to it and after that for the rest of the night the car seems to missfire when accelerating. But the confusing thing is once up to speed all seems fine, even on the motorway at 70mph. My wife has driven the car on and off all week and hasn't complained of any problems apart form yesterday and today. It seems that the longer you drive the car seems to produce the problem. I have heard of ignition coils problems on 16v cars, could i have a coil breaking down?

Sorry to post such a long first thread.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi all, I wonder if any one can help me re a slight miss I have with my 1.6 16v Scenic? It all started about a week ago after a relatively short journey (approx 10miles), the car had been parked for about 10mins, when i came back to it and after that for the rest of the night the car seems to missfire when accelerating. But the confusing thing is once up to speed all seems fine, even on the motorway at 70mph. My wife has driven the car on and off all week and hasn't complained of any problems apart form yesterday and today. It seems that the longer you drive the car seems to produce the problem. I have heard of ignition coils problems on 16v cars, could i have a coil breaking down?

Sorry to post such a long first thread.

Any other symptoms, It could be a faulty coil, Is this a Scenic II.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No it's an 2003 03 1.6 16v Scenic.

There have been no other symptons, only the missfire on occasions when accelerating (seems to be only after a prolong period of driving). There have been no warning lights at all on the dashboard. And as stated once up to speed no sign of any splutter.

Seems strange for it to come on so suddenley though, fine one minuet and playing up the next.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there Davey, this could be a coil problem but it could also be a blocked or partially blocked fuel injector, I had a similar misfire when I first got my Lag I but after pouring a bottle of petrol injector cleaner into the tank it cleared up, as this is the cheaper option I would try this first,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've thought about if it could be fuel.

The problem has only started after approx 40/50 miles on the current tank of fuel.

Maybe I have taken on a tank of fuel which may have some [email protected] floating around in it.

Was going to see how car was after this tank prior to changing any parts anyway, thanks for the advise though I'll throw a bottle of injector cleaner in before next tank and hope it cures the problem. Can't do any harm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts