Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes Scenic mk2 (1.4 petrol) has a starting problem - when left (or damp) it cranks for ages and wont start. Once started it is ok, sometimes happens when left all day outside her work. During the service the our local garage thinks its the Top Dead Centre sensor and quoted £60/3 hours labour.

Now, he said that this didnt flag any faults when interrogated. Im not a car technician BUT I work on highly sophisticated MHE stuff and fork lifts and this sounded like a blag to me (I dont do servicing on it,as frankly after faffing about with machines all day every day the last thing I want to do at the weekend is get under a bonnet). A bit of research courtesy of this very forum revealed the aforementioned sensor is in plain sight, held on by 2 bolts and a plug. 3 Hours???!!! :crazy:

So, does anyone know the Renault part number for this sensor and/or a decent online parts place to get one - Im guessing about £20-£30?. And 10 minutes labour of course :rolleyes: ........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a sensor from GSF for £20, fitted in about 10 minutes and now seems all ok again - result!!

Many thanks for the links. I'll be along next time it breaks down, and i'll dip into the forum every so often for tips. A great resource!!:d :d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts